Leaked High Elf pictures. Phoenix and such..

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leaked High Elf pictures. Phoenix and such..

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 am

I very much like these and I hope the book holds up!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/483294_580199795337548_1916983868_n.jpg

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaked High Elf pictures. Phoenix and such..

Post  Trevor Y. on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Much better than the Demon releases... Much better.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:41 am

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:55 am

Those look cool. I'm really looking forward to the high elf release, hopefully the book lives up.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 am

These were accidentally leaked by Denver USA, Gamesworshop on Facebook. I have no doubt there's a new Manager Monday morning. Laughing

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Good riddance ASF.

Hello armour elves.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Lots more on the rumour front, understandable since White Dwarf will be out this week spilling all the beans. ASF looks to be staying put but it will most likely be true ASF and not the special speed of asurian we have now. Martial prowess (fight in an extra rank) looks to be more widespread and there are a few new character types including a swordmaster wizard. I'm looking forward to this release more and more! I doubt I'll change my list too much but I'm sure I'll have to do some tweaking to make everything work.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 am

I've already ordered one of everything and mentioned that I may take 2 of a few things. What are ya gonna do? They're my favorite army.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 am

Where did you order them from? I'm probably just going to get the book for now and if the new stuff is too good to not use I'll buy more later.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 am

I called Comic Readers in Regina after the pictures were leaked and asked them how much money I should set aside as I want to order one of everything. They couldn't tell me what was coming even though I described what was in the pictures. Rolling Eyes They were going to get a hold of me before the White Dwarf came out and let me know.

I'm guessing after 2 Phoenix, 2 Boat chariots, a couple boxes of Shadow warriors/Avelorn bow ladies, the characters and the book it'll be $400+ easy. PLUS, now that Reavers are supposedly core (with Silver Helms) I'll be pretty much buying a whole new army.

If Swordmasters go to rare I'm not sure what to do with the 42 I have. Evil or Very Mad

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am

I doubt they'll actually go to rare, more likely that was a misinterpreted rumour about the new averlorn guard who are probably a rare choice. I'm actually most excited about the Loremaster of Hoeth, not necessarily the model but that is exactly the type of character that I want in my army. He's fighty enough and he is a level 2 wizard that knows all 8 signature spells. Yes please. I also love that silverhelms are most likely back to core. It means that my core base has increased a lot so I can easily grow this army to 3000-3500 points without having to buy a bunch more core.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm

The troop classification is the thing I am most looking forward to. Having a choice beyond 'guy with spear, guy with bow, or guy with both' will do wonders for list building. Not only will it allow for flexibility in core, but it will also allow flexibility to take the second tier special choices (i.e. not just Lions or Swordmasters)

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Those shitty boat things pulled by birds? Gayest shit ever. Have fun playing with those cocks in your mouth ladies!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 pm

I've got a High Elven army sitting in its boxes so I'll be signing on too and picking up some of the new stuff.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Preorders are up on the GW website. I love the look of the new shadow warriors, they look very menacing (for high elves). I also really like the Phoenix model, not so much with the rider but the unridden ones are cool.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Went to pick up my book today only to find that the Den didn't get their shipment in. Now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get it! Not impressed. Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just that I'm impatient.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat May 04, 2013 9:03 pm

I picked it up today in Regina. You'll be happy with it. High Elves don't have speed of asuryen but now have asf........which is basiclly the same thing as not too many armies have an Initiative as high as high Elves. Martial prowess combined with asf will make combat against them even nastiere than before I imagine.

The one thing that immediately jumped out at me were the new phoneix units. Putting it bluntly they are way overpowered, I can't see many fun games against multiples of these.........tough monster with a 4+ ward save, fly over attacks such as the screamers doing d6 str4 attacks PLUS D3 ATTACKS FOR EVERY RANK IN THE UNIT. Did someone actually think about this before they wrote the rule or did they just say "I like High Elves so f-you to everyone else. Oh did I mention that if they die they along wih any character rider can come back to life with almost full wounds......wtf. They have a few other rules that are mental as well.

..........so, other than this the book looks good.

*picks up the phone to call the den and order 2 phoenix units* Sad

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 am

I will not use the Banner. I just don't believe in that kind of mechanic that makes others rage.

So, read through the book. I really don't think my list is going to change that much. Except NOW, instead of trying to decide between 2 units I can now pretty much put both in because things are just that much cheaper. I love that I don't need to glue my 30 Shite Lions together to make a unit. 20 is enough. I like that the new models aren't So over the top that I HAVE to include them. As a matter of fact, I picked up one of everything yesterday and I'm not convinced ill keep it all. Damn OCD. Ill make a fire chicken to fit my theme and a unit or 2 of shadow warriors and stay pretty much traditional I think. I think I just saved myself a TON of painting. My old list comes out to around 2300. The new book found enough points that I can put a Phoenix or a couple other units in - for free. Love it.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Man, now I really want my book! I bet they're in the back and they just don't want to unpack them! Oh well, one question to those who have the book, are unit command models 10 points across the board for all units? I read that in the rumours and it seemed weird to me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 05, 2013 4:26 pm

That is standard for all units in all books now. Any other questions feel free!

**EDIT**

Just for curiosity, I put this list together that I could play without buying a single new model.

Arch Mage
Noble BSB
29 LSG (Arch mage here)
15 Archers
5 Reavers
5 Shadow Warriors
21 Swordmasters
21 Swordmasters
20 White Lions (BSB here)
1 Lion Chariot
5 Dragon Princes
2 Eagles
2 Bolt Throwers

That's 2496 points. If I got rid of the Lion Chariots, Bolt throwers and possibly Shadow Warriors that frees up 450 points! (Which coincidentally is 2 Phoenix) The more I read the book, the more I think I really won't play with the new units that much. I think I'd like to find room for a Mounted Prince, never really explored that before.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 05, 2013 9:29 pm

What do you think is better, a fire Phoenix or frost Phoenix? I think the frost Phoenix would fit better aesthetically but everyone seems to be liking the fire one.

Oh, and can a noble ride a griffon now? It's probably not the greatest idea but it might be fun to try now that you don't have to put your expensive lord on there.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm

A Noble can ride a Griffon and purchase upgrades. Very versatile book. It's actually very subtle how much is different. It seems very similar until you start rolling the list possibilities around your head.

I'm going to stick with a Flamespyre Phoenix as it'll fit the theme of my army better, but I've actually read (on Ulthuan) that the Frostheart Phoenix is considered better. The Frost bird is pretty much 6's across the board for stats, has a 5+ ward, gives ASL to units in contact and gives -1 to hit. Think about that for a second. Carson feels the Flame is better, I don't really know, but I do think they're both very usable which shows good design. I think reducing costs for things I never used before, like Chariots, is pretty cool. Doesn't necessarily make them "good", but hey - it's something. Tiranoc Chariot is 70 points, and can go in units of up to 3. Kinda neat if that's your thing.

- I noticed Sisters of Avelorn don't skirmish. Crap.
- Prince is 140, but the list of options and mounts is pretty crazy.
- Totally going to miss Folariaths robes, Annulian Crystal and Staff of Solidity. Oh well.
- I think High magic is better than some are saying.
- lvl 2 Mages are cheaper.
- SM's and WL's are 13 pts. PG 15 pts.
- Lion Chariots are still a touch too expensive at 120 pts.
- Shadow Warriors BS 5
- Great Eagles can be in units.
- Bolt throwers are 70 points and you can take 4.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Annulian crystal and banner of sorcery let me dominate both sides of the magic phase, I'll miss those. I found a blog that had most of the point costs and punched my list in, I had enough left over to add 5 more silverhelms, another bolt thrower and I still had 100 points left over. Crazy.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon May 06, 2013 1:37 pm

I agreed with most of what you fellows have said. My opinion is that the Frostheart is the better choice. Sure it doesn't have chance to pop back up, but just as fighty as a Moon Dragon at 60 points less. The real winners in this book are Phoenix Guard. Thier points didn't reduce like the lions and swordmasters, but they maintain the re-roll ability by virtue of the halberds. They are synergize well with high magic that will increase thier ward to a glorious 3+. Good luck eating through even 20 of them in a game!

I have had the good fortune of getting the phoenix kit already andhave done this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1A6QXOGsM4

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon May 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Cool! I think those kits will fit nicely together. Its a great idea anyway, I can't believe GW allowed those wings to be such a close match. Once that conversion becomes common I think those griffons are going to become pretty sought after.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top