games weekend april 5-6

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: games weekend april 5-6

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

The LD2 on my slaves beats them hands down...
Wink

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Except with LD2 there's still a minute chance that your slaves can pass a fear test. Sad My knights are supposed to be the battle-hardened nobility of Bretonnia, blessed by the Lady and raised on horseback yet they turn to frightened old women as soon as something fear-causing looks their way.

I'm really not looking forward to dangerous terrain tests this league either, with my track record from last league my opponents won't even have to do anything, just stand on the other side of the forest and watch my army stumble its way to defeat.

Oh well, maybe I need to be taken down a notch this time around after WINNING THE WHOLE LEAGUE! Laughing

No matter how bad my Bretonnians perform I still love the army, there's just something satisfying about putting multiple fully-ranked units of knights on the table backed up by knights and supported by more knights.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:44 pm

I guess on LD2 I can always roll 1 and 1... You did have an epic fail in one game we had where your General went poof due to Dangerous Terrain on an overrun... I was in awe.

I will see if my rats can provide enough guts and blood as roadkill on the battlefield to make your horses slip and break their legs this league. If you trample my rats off the table, that means you killed nearly 300 rats. Epic battle to say the least! lol.
Smile

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:38 pm

OMG! I just tried to pack my Skaven army in a fairly big container (24" x 18"), and it won't all fit! I have to go to Walmart before the trip to buy another large container! Shocked
Is this the time in a gamer's life when you realize that you have too many minis?

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 pm

i am in Friday night, but no Saturday but next time full weekend. how long does it take and i will be there on the dime.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 am

Oh well, maybe I need to be taken down a notch this time around after WINNING THE WHOLE LEAGUE! Laughing

Love it! Smack talk good!

I'm 8-0 with my Brets, but they've been tainted. Tainted...awesome word. Anyways, I almost considered retiring them undefeated as I know this streak won't last long. Hm, tainted streak........ANYWAYS, I'm going to bring Brets but I really don't know how passionate I am about them. Distracted by the High Elves out in a couple weeks.

Pointless post #1631

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am

I will likely be heading out Friday after work, and leaving Sunday morning as well. I hope that is okay!

It looks like there is gonna be a lot of Ogres, Undead and Brets there... I've only fought Bretonnians once, and never have fought against undead, so those games will be learning experiences for me. That being said, the rats have learned how to feast on Ogre intestines quite a bit over the last month. Smile

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 pm

I thinking be coming up Friday night after work as well. Probably wont arrive until later though.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Well my wife just got laid off from Cameco today... It is funny how things happen right before an event, to try and keep me away from them...

She still wants me to go for the weekend though (cause I missed the last one), so I will still be coming up tomorrow. Luckily with her skills and contacts, she is very marketable.

I am going to leave early from work so I can be there around 5-6pm...

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm

working till four, and on the road for five thirty. so what ever time it takes to get there is when i will be there. and have to come back Saturday but again not till later.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Trevor Y. wrote:Well my wife just got laid off from Cameco today... It is funny how things happen right before an event, to try and keep me away from them...

She still wants me to go for the weekend though (cause I missed the last one), so I will still be coming up tomorrow. Luckily with her skills and contacts, she is very marketable.

I am going to leave early from work so I can be there around 5-6pm...

Holy, smack in the gut! Terribly sorry about that. She's a trooper for insisting that you go, but what are you gonna do? Life can be a pickle.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:37 pm

That sucks Trevor, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully your wife is able to find something new soon.

I had heard that Cameco was doing a lot of "restructuring" these days, my wife has a friend who works there too. So far she still has her job but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:50 pm

nathanr wrote:That sucks Trevor, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully your wife is able to find something new soon.

I had heard that Cameco was doing a lot of "restructuring" these days, my wife has a friend who works there too. So far she still has her job but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

She already has a line on two possible jobs. She is very marketable, so I am sure she will be fine. They gave her a good package, so she has lots of time to find another job.
Smile

I am really looking forward to this weekend! Going to be a lot of fun!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:41 pm

See you guys tomorrow!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Carson wrote:See you guys tomorrow!

For what?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:46 am

I am hoping this snow lets up. I've been hearing about highways closing...
>.>

I think the gods do not want me to participate in these fun weekends! Evil or Very Mad

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top