New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  squalie on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm

http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/new-daemons-pictures.html

Let the whining commence.

squalie

Posts : 3496
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 pm

I don't like any of those sculpts. Sad

I hope they balance the demons like they have the other books so far. Smile

Trevor Y.

Posts : 475
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 45
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm

I like the heralds, not a huge fan of the rest. I think those nurgle drones could look good with a different paint job and basing but the chariots don't seem too inspired. Any pics of new greater daemons that I missed?

nathanr

Posts : 4380
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 34
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Like the Drone thingies. I'll wait and see on the herald of Nurgle. Plastic I hope and not finecast.

ScottRadom

Posts : 2156
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 40
Location : Saskatoon, SK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  squalie on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

nathanr wrote:I like the heralds, not a huge fan of the rest. I think those nurgle drones could look good with a different paint job and basing but the chariots don't seem too inspired. Any pics of new greater daemons that I missed?

Greater Daemons apparently not to be released just yet.

squalie

Posts : 3496
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  Planes on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I love the looks of that Skull Cannon. Oh, the conversion possibilities!

Planes

Posts : 97
Join date : 2013-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 am

The Nurgle guys might be alright. The rest of it is some of the worst stuff I've ever seen in any game.

I'll just leave this here:
http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/t1238-woc-there-back#11943

I'm glad I have enough Diaz 'nettes to last me forever.

RickyDMMontoya

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 am

I think the two Khorne things are what's bugging me most about this release. I understand the appeal to be able to have one line of minis that works for both 40K and Fantasy but to me the Khorne stuff here looks too 40K, especially that throne thing. It should be pulled by a juggernaut or on the back of a stonehorn-looking monster or something. I don't know, just not fantasy enough for me.

I really like the pose of that Khorne herald though, very cool. If I was a Daemon player I'd be excited about the new options in the book but I'd be planning conversions for most of them.

nathanr

Posts : 4380
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 34
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  Galadros on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 pm

nathanr wrote:I think the two Khorne things are what's bugging me most about this release. I understand the appeal to be able to have one line of minis that works for both 40K and Fantasy but to me the Khorne stuff here looks too 40K, especially that throne thing. It should be pulled by a juggernaut or on the back of a stonehorn-looking monster or something. I don't know, just not fantasy enough for me.

I really like the pose of that Khorne herald though, very cool. If I was a Daemon player I'd be excited about the new options in the book but I'd be planning conversions for most of them.

I'm with you entirely about this Khorne stuff. They have just shoe-horned some 40k models into the fantaasy world again. I'm also very put off that Khorne gets a shooting weapon. I have a feeling that rather than tone down the effectiveness of cannons in 8th edition, they are just gonna give one to each army to level the field. Watch out for Wood elf log-tossers and high elf 'pointy-hat' missiles in the future.

p.s. good stuff on the nurgle fly-riders though.

Galadros

Posts : 187
Join date : 2008-07-06
Age : 44
Location : Edmonton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  Trevor Y. on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 pm

I think if Games Workshop had a little imagination, they instead could make something for the Wood Elves kind of like the TK altar, that could send spites across the battlefield potentially attacking multiple units. The Wood Elv Magic phase is lack luster, and so is their lack of siege. I really do hope they don't come up with something stupid for them.

Trevor Y.

Posts : 475
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 45
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Galadros wrote:I'm with you entirely about this Khorne stuff. They have just shoe-horned some 40k models into the fantaasy world again. I'm also very put off that Khorne gets a shooting weapon. I have a feeling that rather than tone down the effectiveness of cannons in 8th edition, they are just gonna give one to each army to level the field. Watch out for Wood elf log-tossers and high elf 'pointy-hat' missiles in the future.

p.s. good stuff on the nurgle fly-riders though.

Khorne always had mechanical siege engines loaded with cannons. He's always been the most technologically inclined. Look at the huge thing in the background of the 4th edition book:


And these things:

RickyDMMontoya

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Eric those Khorne items were cross over from 40K as well. I think there was one edition where the Chaos army book was actually done for 40K and fatnasy in the same volume. The picture in the background I think was even a pretty good rip off of their epic scale 40k Khorn demon engine thingy. I think the pictures mini's might even be from the old epic range.

ScottRadom

Posts : 2156
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 40
Location : Saskatoon, SK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  Carson on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

I actually HATE the khorne release here, very very disappointing to see GW go this way. It almost seems like they are trying to appeal to warmachine or hordes players with this. Terrible. On the other hand I LOVE the nurgle stuff, blights are very cool even if the riders need some help.

With the new rules for nurgle warriors and the potential to see the same for the nurgle deamons we'll see alot of nurgle armies that will be very tough to beat. Storm of chaos nurgle army anyone?

_________________
What is best in life?
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of thier women.

Carson
Admin

Posts : 2781
Join date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Daemon pictures. Rreleased March 2

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:35 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum