The Ravening Hordes - A Regiment of Renown

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ravening Hordes - A Regiment of Renown

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Here's the plan: Everyone picks a mini to represent themselves and paints it up (or gets someone to paint it for them). These minis will all go into a unit called the Ravening Hordes. It can be any mini from any race so long as it will fit onto a 25mm base. Larger models could possibly be included as a fun unit filler but lets not get carried away and if you want to do a bigger model please get the ok before going ahead. Also, don't go crazy creating a scenic base for your mini as we will probably pick a unified basing scheme so that the unit looks more coherent once it's done.

The purpose of this thread will be to keep track of progress and provide a place to discuss possible rules for the unit etc.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ravening Hordes - A Regiment of Renown

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm going to paint up one of these guys:

Maybe this pose though:

Or possibly this one since I already have the model:

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm

So they don't have to be GW minis? Hmmm... Are we not trying to push a GW game based league? If we buy and paint minis from different lines with all different paint schemes, won't it look disjointed?

One suggestion I have is to buy the Empire Free Company box and hand out minis from it to paint? Maybe with a color theme? Then there is at least some consistency in models and color scheme. Or is the idea to have a bunch of minis from different lines and paint schemes?

p.s. I have a shit ton of minis to paint already (600ish if you include my Tomb Kings). I really want to get to a certain point in my current army before I dedicate time to paint one offs. Like when I get horribly sick of painting clan rats as an example. Wink

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Its only 1 fig trevor....no big deal.

Nathans proposed figs are from Avatars of war. They are GW figs wrapped up in a different package (former GW sculpter, same scale, same style etc.)

This is a great idea so lets run with it. This unit will sit on our trophy shelf to showcase the skills of our members and can be used in club events such as mega battles.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:35 pm

I will almost certainly be doing a dwarf slayer but will have to look for a model yet. I am getting that we are not doing any color on base at all. Do we want these unglued as well? What time frame are we looking at?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 pm

It takes me a full Saturday or Sunday to paint one mini to a decent level unless there is next to no detail on it... I am not a fast painter.
Sad

Where do you buy these Avatars of War?

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

This is the greatest idea in the history of anything. Pure Genius! I'll paint up either an orc or a dwarf first. I'm gonna stick to painting up stuff I used in the RH league when I played. I think so long as people make sure there stuff can rank up it should work just fine.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

There are two models that look like they would represent me and my armies from that line that look real nice... I don't know which I would choose. Shocked

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Just so we're clear, the minis don't have to be from avatars of war. They can be anything so long as they are the right scale and represent something found in the Warhammer World.

That said, if anyone is putting in an Avatars of War order let me know, I'd like to order one of those thunder lords.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I would order from here because I have all the Wood Elf and Skaven models already and am using them. Might as well paint something totally different. Wink

If anyone is putting in an order, feel free to add me to the list, I would buy one or both of the above minis.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

you can order AoW from the Den as well. Shipping from Spain is wicked bad and any other web stores that carry them aren't worth it if you're just ordering a few mini's.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:32 pm

I just found out that the Den called and that Wood Elf BSB on foot that I ordered a few months ago, is now finally in...

Wahoo! Looks like I have a mini to paint. Hmmm... It will likely take another few months to get another one... Shocked

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm

I just ordered this from the UK on ebay. Only CDN$19 shipping included...

Oh p.s. I also bought:
The Hobbit's 2 Great Eagles, and a Runelord with Staff from GW. Darren said it would take a month or two to get into the store, so I am going direct on this. I bought an extra model to save on shipping. Smile

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top