Winter 2012/2013 League Reporting Thread

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Winter 2012/2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  squalie on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Ok, ok, have it your way. You're a terrible general AND have crappy dice. Very Happy Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Skarsniks army fought a blood and glory battle against Nathans high elves throwing every trick they could against the elgi. It was a hard fought battle and evenly matched through five turns but after taking on and killing Nathans bsb in one challenge and fighting a subsequent challenge against his lord (who ducked out of combat with swordmasters) Skarsnik did not have enough against the many pointy ears (I mean spears lol) and succumbed 2 final wounds to turn the battle. This was our second league game and a ladder match win for Nathan 6-3

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:04 pm

squalie wrote:Ok, ok, have it your way. You're a terrible general AND have crappy dice. Very Happy Wink

Credit where credit is due.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:33 am

Hey, I'm not kidding - we've all had some pretty awful, statistically improbable, dice rolling game. But Eric, I've witnessed you roll some games that break all the number laws in the Universe. I blame it on you not having a GW or Chessex issued professional series dice cube full of precisely balanced and weighted tournament dice. You are angering the gaming gods by bringing those tainted Vegas dice to the Warhammer table.

It's compounded when anyone brings a ziploc bag of dice stolen from long-forgotten board games collecting dust in the closet. Listen, if you're going to roll next level then you gotta' act next level - and that's with finely crafted tournament dice from GW.

When are people going to realise that this Warhammer is serious stuff?! I can put on a dice rolling clinic the next time I'm in Saskatoon for all those interested. It'll be 30 minutes and will cost $25 per attendee, but I guarantee results. I'm not sure what kind of results, but you WILL get results!

Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 am

Pro Tip: If you roll a 6 on a particular dice do not use that dice in the next roll (unless you want to roll low), the 6 has been used up and the dice needs a rest to reload.

Also, if you are missing a dice from your dice cube it renders all the remaining dice useless. The gods of warhammer will surely frown upon your lack of symmetry.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 am

Also never let your wife or girlfriend touch your Warhammer dice. If they do, they are rendered useless and cursed. They never work the same again.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Also, if you are missing a dice from your dice cube it renders all the remaining dice useless. The gods of warhammer will surely frown upon your lack of symmetry.

This I believe to be true.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Are you coming up here at all this weekend Don?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:43 pm

No, I totally biffed it. I thought the wife worked days this weekend. Turns out she works evenings which means I HAVE to be around.

So that means Dec 1st for me. I'd make the trip for 2 games easy.

How much Den credit do I have for being the winningest bad general of all tiiiiiiiiiime?!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 pm

60% of $60. Sign me up for a game, I will make it work somehow.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 am

Darren and I faced off last night, it was the second time we have played neither was fully painted and i won a crushing victory over him.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 am

Carson and i played a game yesterday, the game was in Carson's hands right up until turn five i had his large block of orc boys bsb and general trapped between my tree man and forest dragon. normally the unit would have no problems because of steadfast but in combat i killed his bsb he rolled a 10 for his break test ran to the edge of the table i did not catch, turn six he rallied and then i recharged them with both monsters and boom failed terror test, and there outta here. game ended in a victory for me, first time we faced off, neither was fully painted (almost).
great game Carson

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:12 pm

great game Carson

I'll bet Carson begs to differ. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 pm

yeah, it was a fun game. Crucial move for you in targeting my bsb...good work. I was up by about 500pts and the game ended in your favour by 300 and change. 800+ point swing. Oouch. Before the game I was wondering if I should have protected him better.......now I know!

Darren and myself also squared off last night , we only made it to top of turn 3....we called it a draw, ladder match.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:06 am

Dom and I threw down tonight with a battle of the elves (high for me, wood for him). The game started very well for me with my mindrazor-boosted spearmen making short work of his treeman overrunning into his dryads. Elsewhere I advanced in a threatening manner. Then things began to go south. My dragon princes fled from a long dual charge only to see Dom roll 11 and 12 on his charge rolls to catch and end up very close to my back lines with only a 5-elf unit of dragon princes between his wild riders and dragon-lord and my squishy archers and bolt thrower. Everything else that I had was either across the table or advancing into a hail of arrows so the dragon princes were on their own. No matter, I'd just cast the whithering on the dragon, oops turns out he was too far away so that didn't go off. I guess okkam's mindrazor wouldn't hurt on the dragon princes... boom! miscast, -3 levels Shocked . Oh well at least I got the spell off, those wild riders are dead. Oh, only 4 of them died and they held. After that I put on a clinic of bad luck, failing charges and leadership/break tests left and right. I can't blame it solely on the dice though, I made some poor choices and Dom kept his head in the game and when the dust settled my Prince and BSB stood in the middle of the table surrounded by some not very friendly Wood Elves. Crushing victory to Dom. I was painted and he was not, it was not a ladder challenge.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 am

What's with Dom making all these long charges? Lemme check those dice...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:56 pm

I played a game with don today, unfortunately we only made it to the end of turn 4 when I had to leave. At that point I had the remnants of my army locked in combats that I wasn't sure that I'd win. Unfortunately for Don I'd killed more whole units at that point so we called it a victory for me. If we had played out the final two turns I think there was a good chance that Don would have come out on top. It was a great game as always, opponents don't get much better than you Don. I was fully painted and Don was not quite.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Ooooh, I had ya' on the ropes when you were saved by the dinner bell! Seriously though, it all hung on how well my next magic phase rolled against the Swordmasters. Something to ponder I suppose.

My first game against Dom and the TK's showed the Wood Elves a thing or two. It was a total massacre in my favour. My Heirophant, miscast very early in the game, rolled a 4 on the result, but missed getting sucked into the warp. Very next phase, miscast again on 2 dice, rolled a 4, but was not so lucky and down the warp I went. Dom, didn't feel sad for me though as my Skull Catapult single handedly KO'd a Treeman, a Dragon and his Lord. The Catapult is now bronzed and sitting on the shelf. I think it landed a direct hit 8 out of 10 times. Very, very good game. I felt pretty good about myself until we were adding up VP's and Dom remembered we were playing Blood and Glory and I lost my breaking standard around turn 4. Sigh. Easy come easy go they say. Neither were fully painted.

Second game against Darren and his Lizards (1500 points) only a couple Lizard models on the table at end of game. Massacre for me, neither painted. On the way home I realized that we had rolled Blood and Glory and we, again, both completely forgot.

That's how into the games we all were. Very good day, and I feel very lucky to have the gaming group that I do. We were shouting and laughing and playing Warhammer exactly how it should be played.

Thanks guys.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 am

Darren and I played a game last night, everything looked good until his slann cast dwellers below on my swordmasters with irresistable force. He killed half the unit including my BSB and to add insult to injury his slann had cupped hands of the old ones which transferred the miscast to my archmage who promptly lost 3 levels and all his useful spells. After that things went downhill for me. The remnants of my swordmasters decimated his temple guard and chased them off the table but all I was left with was my general. Elsewhere my units were getting chomped by saurus and I didn't have an answer. That one magic phase I went from very confident to desperate. It was a good game otherwise and a much deserved crushing victory for Darren. I was fully painted, he was not and it was not a ladder battle. It was the second time we have played this league.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 am

Me and Trevor were at it again, this time the Slann had a good game and Dwellers below came to play again. In our third game i was able to remove a large unit of archers with dwellers that included a general and the only wizard, then i delt with tree man and kin. crushing victory for me, he was painted i was not, not a ladder match.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Me and Jarrod had another battle and i used my wild card challange. we were both not fully painted and our second battle. a victory for me but was a good fight, tickles is a nasty wizard and scared the L out of me but i kept him at bay and his Sea Guard ran thru one unit of Saurus with the help of a chariot. The Great Swords were delt with before they hit the lines, the Salamanders are a funny group as they eat there way across the field.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 am

Darren is on a winning streak! I think you are probably referring to Teclis but I like the nickname! I'll update the ladder as soon as I have the names of the tournament participants from Dom so I can give them all 8 points for 4 non-league games.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I played a game with Trevor late last night. Lady luck was not with Trevor and he seemed to roll low when he wanted to roll high and high when he wanted to roll low. Even still, it was a close game that went back and forth right to the end. My swordmasters tore through 2 units of treekin and a unit of dryads while my spearelves took down a treeman and then weathered a dual charge of dryads and wardancers. My silverhelms got shot to pieces but the mounted prince took matters into his own hands and took out 30-some glade guard and a wizard on his own. My eagle spent the game chasing a lone dryad around the table, never did catch him. In fact, I didn't kill a whole unit of dryads all game, I think 2 of trevor's 8-model units ended up with 1 dryad left and the other 2 had 2 or 3 each. In the end it was a victory for me. Trevor was fully painted, I was not as I have 2 swordmasters to paint up now. It was a ladder match which I sucessfully defended.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks for the game Nathan. It was pretty one sided in your favor for the first half of the game, and suddenly through some unexpected turn of events, the game kept getting closer after each after 4. If I were able to make one or two leadership rolls (at leadership 10), it might have been a little closer, though you still would have won the game. There were two fights, I shouldn't have broke and could not roll an unmodified 10 leadership. I was unable to cast even one spell the whole game, and you totally controlled the magic in the game. The one time I ran you out of dispel dice, I missed the casting of the spell by 1. Go figure?

I failed an epic number of leadership 10 rolls. Was something like 80% of them, including reforms, break tests, etc... Prior to the losing streak I am currently on, it was rare to fail a Leadership 8 test, let alone a 10... Three leadership rolls in a row were 11, 11, 12... wtf?

My dice were total fail throughout that game. I really didn't believe in cursed dice before, but they consistently rolled real high when I wanted to roll low, and then rolled real low when I wanted to roll high. This has happened to me 5 out of my last 6 games. I've decided that they must be possessed by some evil demon. So I took drastic measures... I killed them... I've hid the bodies where no one can find them ever again.

I went to the Den today and bought 2 new blocks of dice. One of them, reminds me of a cold dark winter, and the other desert sands... Hmmm Winter Elves and Tomb Kings, how appropriate... I am hoping these new dice fare me better. You had some good ideas to help me modify my current lists, and I am looking forward to trying those changes out with my new dice!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Just because I heard you saying, at the tournament, how you never take a BSB with your Wood Elves:
http://avianon.net/calculations/calc_leadership.php

You really should try taking a BSB.

They're worth it. Every game. With every army.

If you'll notice on the link I posted, a BSB is worth more than a general.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top