Winter 2012/2013 League Reporting Thread

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Winter 2012/2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

New High Elf book comes out first week of April. Not sure if that could change his spending priorities.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm

April is a long time from now... Smile

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:04 pm

6 weeks is a blink in Warhammer time. I was just giving a heads up. I only mention this as HE are losing the ASF army wide rule and are getting Flying Chariots. I don't care what anyone says - that sounds cool. Not sure what role White Lions, Phoenix Guard and Swordmasters will play, which is why I'm saying be careful what he buys. Also rumoured Flying Monstrous cavalry - as in mounted DRAGON UNITS. If it was anyone else's army I would cry cheese, but since it's mine - yes, I'll take some of those.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Are the core changing? Or just specials and rares?

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 pm

It's anyone's guess. I would hope that there will be more choices for core, maybe silver helms for example. I don't see them redoing the core models although a large portion of the Internet community seems to want it. I would expect to see some big new model/unit and some monstrous cavalry of some sort. The book will most likely trim down the magic items pretty heavily and probably make some changes to the army-wide always strikes first rule.

Those are my predictions based on what we've seen in previous 8th edition armybooks but they are just guesses. I had also heard May not April but maybe Don knows more than I do.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Sorry, I meant advance orders in April.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Well, my first game of Skaven was against Darren's Orcs and Goblins... I tried out my Plague Furnace list, which never ended up finding combat the whole game Sad
Win for me, neither army was painted.

Highlights:
The game started out with Darren rolling 3 Animosity tests, and rolling 3 ones in a row. haha. epic. Then he rolled three 6's to find out what they all did. He charged a rat dart on the first turn due to this combined with his initial vanguard move. But the Doomwheel with his random movement ended up turning 90 degrees and charging it on my turn. The Doomwheel killed the unit fairly handedly, grinding the spiders and the character in it under the spinning wheels of death.

Most of his army was killed by my Warp Lighting Cannons and spells before they could even reach my slaves and Clan Rat units. I was able to get off the Dreaded Thirteenth Spell once, and Plague 2x in this game which devastated his hordes significantly. I held back my Doomrocket and didn't toss it at his last unit, because I wanted his last unit to fight him in melee to learn my units. A big template at STR 5 would have stopped this.

It was a great learning game, and Darren was very patient, which was helpful. His list was basically 3 big hordes, one Rock Lobba and some spider riders with like 8 characters. I underestimated the amount of space required to deploy my army, and next time need to plan ahead so I don't cause myself some issues like I did this game.

I really like this Skaven army in the fact that is has a very strong magic phase, strong shooting, and can hold its own in combat. I thought my Warp Lightning Cannons were my MVPs of the game, but Darren thought my Hell Pit Abonination won the award, as it single-handedly broke a horde of black orcs, and a horde of big uns by charging both of them in the flanks and delivering an insane amount of damage. If my Warp Lightning Cannons did not soften them up as well as my Plague and Dreaded Thirteenth, that may not have happened.

All in all we both had some epic randomness happen in the game which made it really fun, but by turn three Darren only really had one unit left on the table, so he was a real good sport about continuing on so I could learn my other units as much as possible. I pulled back my shooting and magic a little and engaged him with a Clan rat unit and slave unit, so I could see how they did in combat. His horde of Goblins did very well, and he totally forgot about his nets, which would have helped a lot. I think that was because of the distraction of watching his army melt so fast. I couldn't believe how devastating some of my spells were. I am used to Wood Elves. Such a difference...

There was epic randomness in the game, but in the end I was able to table his army. I made some mistakes learning some of the rules, like forgetting that slaves blow up when they break. But all in all very minor stuff. Overall, I only lost a Warp Lightning Cannon (which blew itself up near the end of the game), unit of slaves, and a unit of clan rats with my Grey Seer and BSB in it. So around 800 points total. In a normal game I wouldn't have positioned that unit in this way, I would have just vaporized the unit with spells and shooting. His MVP was his Goblin Horde for sure.

Thanks for making my first Skaven game memorable, Darren! Really fun!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Skaven Game #2 vs Lizardmen.

Darren brought a list for trial, which had a sick comet in it, and a few other toys. I reworked my previous list, and was expecting to fight Ogres today, but ended up fighting Lizards. Wasn't sure how my list would do, as I usually lose against them really badly with my Wood Elves!

Quick Summary:
Pregame:
I did not take my Dreaded Thirteenth, even though it would have been perfect against Lizards. I rolled some interesting spells I never tried out before, so I kept what I rolled. We rolled Scenario #3, and I got first turn and beat his +1 to roll.

Turn 1: I did some sick damage with the Warp Lightning Cannons (both blasts were S8 perfectly directed hits - against his mounted General and his Stegadon), he used his scroll on my Skitterleap (insert sadface here), no other magic was successful. Doomwheel does a bunch of wounds on his scout unit and it stuck. He took out one of my Warp Lighting Cannons with Chameleons, and cast his comet.

Turn 2: Comet blows up like 20 various Clan Rats and Slaves in over 6 units. No one breaks. Doomwheel fails to charge his general, but kills him and his big ugly mount with the 3 warp lighting bolts. It was already wounded in turn one from my WLC. Hell Pit kills his Stegadon which got blasted the first turn by the WLC. Since he had no more scrolls, I unleashed a Crack's Call and a Plague which was pretty devastating, and a Scorch which took out his Chameleons in my backfield. I made another unit of chameleons flee from a charge. I charge chained that unit almost off the table. Shot a bit, and made one of my Rat Darts run. He got a Chain Lighting off, and killed another 20 or 30 clan rats and slaves from various units. He charged my Doomwheel in the flank and made it flee into a building, and the building killed it.

Turn 3-4: Skaven unleashed another Crack's Call, Brass Orb, Doom Rocket, WLC blast, and charged with Hell Pit, Plague Furnace, and other close stuff. Killed off a lot of stuff nearly everything he had, and charged all but two of his remaining units. They all died in combat. Game called, as Darren ran out of Lizards for me to kill...

At the end of the game, the only full units I lost was 1 Warp Lighting Cannon (90 points), and my Doomwheel (150 points). He had his mage bunker left. Not sure what that was worth. So I was able to learn some more. Had to look up Plague Furnace, as there were so many special things with the Plague Censer and Shrouded by Fog, etc... Need more experience playing it to memorize everything more.

I am really loving this army so far, and am playing around with the lists a lot, trying new things. Gonna try the Screaming Bell next!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 am

Poor Darren isn't going to want to play you anymore! I'm looking forward to facing your skaven next league. Not sure what I'm going to bring, maybe its time to dust off the Bretonnians or possibly Wood Elves.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 am

I'd actually like to see how you play Wood Elves!
Smile

I thought about our last two games, and I think he might be focusing too much on the blocks and the size of them, and not enough on the support. Last game he had one small chameleon unit that could do anything about my shooting phase. It killed one of my Warp Lightning Cannons, but it died the next turn. So I was free to shoot with the other one, and both were ignoring the Chameleon unit. My seer roasted the unit off with a scorch. The game before he had only one Rock Lobba in his Orc army. I think he needs to bring an answer to war machines, because if he fought against Empire, Dwarves, or O&G with those configurations, I think it would be much, much worse...

I am still trying to understand all the units, since they all do different things, so I don't have a real strategy or tactics yet, just a TON of models for my opponent to kill. Shocked I also have been rolling like a god with my Warp Lightning Cannons. Seems like I keep rolling a 2 on my first roll then an 8 or 10 on my second roll. Almost always a perfect shot. I've misfired once in two games. I understand that this is not normal. heh heh.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 am

Trevor and I had our game last night and it was a nailbiter. The Wood Elves appeared to be on the ropes by turn 6 but Trevor made some last-ditch attempts to gain some points and they paid off big-time. A depleted unit of Dryads who had their strength reduced to 1 managed a flank charge on my archer unit containing my archmage, they managed to kill 1 archer meaning they won the combat by 1 (I also did a wound and had a banner) and I failed my break test and he managed to run me down. His treeman also decided to strangleroot my bolt thrower after surviving a volley of flaming arrows, reaver bow and bolt thrower shots while reduced to T3 from the withering. He rolled a 10 for the strangleroot and squeaked out 2 6's when rolling to wound. In all it was a 700 point swing on the last turn (closer to 1000 if I had managed to kill his treeman in the previous turn). He won by 350 and takes my ladder spot. We were both fully painted.

The league ends tomorrow! As it stands now, Andre and Trevor have the top two spots on the ladder and Dom, Darren and myself are the point leaders. Unless that changes the playoff matchups will be:

1. Andre vs Trevor
2. Nathan vs Darren
3. Dom vs Winner of 2
4. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 3

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 am

It was a great game! By turn 6, I knew I had to take something big out or I had lost the game, and I didn't have many options. I will be honest, after the tabling I got last time we played, I didn't think I had a hope of winning. If it wasn't for the last two turns having some dice go my way, you would have had a solid victory. According to the law of averages, your Archmage unit shouldn't have broke there, and if they stuck, and/or I didn't roll enough to overrun them, you had the game.

Finishing off your Great sword unit and eagle in turn 5 also helped out the point total a little.

I tried out a brand new list, and went back to my old 6th edition style of play. I need to start calling you 'Mr. Armour Save'. I can't believe how many 5's and 6's you rolled that game for saves! If only my Dryads could have done that! Their wards weren't working all game.

I think my Treeman gets MVP for surviving all odds, (with a maxed out debuff on him making him T3 and surviving a massive amount of flaming shots), tying up your General's Cavalry unit the whole game by constantly running around it, stranglerooting all your chaff in the area, and a clutch strangleroot on the Bolt Thrower on Turn 6.

I am not sure which one of your units I would give MVP to. Your Great Sword unit took out my Treekin and a unit of dryads, and your General unit took out some dryads, as well as a mounted unit consisting of one model. Your Archmage owned the spellcasting the whole game and kept mine down, so that was really good too. I think all of your units did a good job and none of them really stand out to me.

I've never been in a League playoff before, so this is a new experience for me. I've also never played against Andre before, so this should be fun times. I always like playing against O&G. Love the randomness!

Thanks for the game Nathan, it was one of my most memorable games of the season.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 pm

1. Andre vs Trevor - Scheduled game: Friday 7:15pm.
2. Nathan vs Darren
3. Dom vs Winner of 2
4. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 3

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Darren and I are playing our game on Tuesday night.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 am

Hey guys, Andre and I played our game last night. It ended up very close, but he ended up winning by a little over 200 points, so he is going on to the next round.

Was a fun game. I really needed Dwellers Below, and couldn't roll one double with 4 dice to get it, so I didn't have an answer all game to counter some of his larger blocks. Dom came out to watch the game as well.

This was my first playoff game ever.

It will now be nice to change armies for the next league and play something different for a while. I started playing Wood Elves in 2006, and haven't played any other army since starting WFB. So you will likely see Skaven for the next year until I get my Tomb Kings playable.

Congrats Andre!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 am

I sooooo totally don't follow these unless I'm in it. Very Happy

Congrats Andre, but we all know you won't win. We should make you a t-shirt "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride". Laughing

Break the cycle my boy!!!!!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Hey now I won one league but I am the king of second place!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Even better t-shirt.

"King of second place"

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I'm playing Dom tonight just in case I manage to beat Darren on Tuesday. I don't have a ton of nights free to get these playoff games in so I need to make the most of every opportunity and schedule them well in advance. I am definitely getting ahead of myself but if I manage to win both games I have Thursday evening available this week and Tuesday and Thursday available next week. All after 8:00pm, I can host it here at my house if that's ok.

If I lose tonight and/or Tuesday disregard this message.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 am

Dom and I played our playoff game* last night and it was really close. The game swung back and forth so many times it was crazy. I got first turn and moved forward aggressively, trying to close the gap with his shooting early on. All this accomplished was getting a unit of dragon princes and eagle shot to pieces by close range glade guard arrows. I managed to take down his treeman with another unit of dragon princes and the mindrazor spell while our generals duked it out in a duel which saw me win and break him. Unfortunately the theme of this game could have been me failing my pursuit rolls. His Highborn and forest dragon survived and would rally (although not for a while as he failed to rally in Dom's next turn). The failed pursuit set me up to be flank charged by a unit of dryads. I wasn't too concerned as I had my prince giving his entire unit magical attacks. I managed 3 wounds and he put a second wound on my lord but failed his break test. I pursued... into the forest. I rolled for dangerous terrain and passed with everyone (phew!). In my turn I charged the dryads who fled again, right to the table edge. I rolled for dangerous terrain and lost:

My Prince
My Champion
3 more Silverhelms Razz (I laugh to keep from crying, that unit is never entering another forest!)

Naturally this caused a panic test and naturally I failed that. Uh oh, more dangerous terrain tests. Down goes another silverhelm. Wow. They fought off a lord on a dragon and a unit of dryads with a branchwraith and fell to some measly roots and brances. Now things were looking grim for me. Meanwhile Dom has been failing charges with many different units while my swordmasters are advancing into a hail of bowfire on my left flank and my remaining dragon princes are cleaning up his glad guard on my right flank. His dragon rallies right behind his glade guard unit on the left in time to see my remaining 5 swordmasters complete a charge against the bow-elves. His wild riders and dryads kill my bolt thrower, then the dryads charge my remaining silverhelms who flee and are run down. The dryads overrun into the rear of my spearmen but only clip them and there is no room to maximize frontage. One dryad vs my BSB means that the dryads lose combat but yet again, they manage to escape as Dom rolled high to flee and I rolled low to pursue. Still, it put me in range to charge his wardancers next turn.

On the swordmaster front, I killed half the glade guard and 2 swordmasters fell but he was steadfast and held which meant his dragonrider could enter the combat against my 3 remaining swordmasters. Yikes. He declared a challenge and my champion stepped up, swung and managed to take down the dragonlord! The victory dance was shortlived however as the dragon quickly squashed him to oblivion. The other two swordmasters killed 4 glade guard bringing the total down to 2. Both of his glade guard and dragon held. The next turn saw me finish off his glade guard and him finish off my swordmasters with the dragon free to charge my spearmen in the flank who had just finished off breaking his wardancers, running down his fleeing dryads but failing to catch the wardancers.

The dragon charged and I survived the initial onslaught, turned and cast the withering on his dragon making it T3 and easy prey for my BSB and 4 ranks of spears. With the dragon taken care of the spearmen turned to face the final charge of wardancers to the front. Dom went for the killing blow dance in hopes of taking down my BSB but I managed to wipe out the remaining wardancers before they could strike.

The only other thing of note was his unit of Wardancers that had failed every charge thus far finally closed the distance with my unit of archers holed up in a building. He won and killed my archmage but I managed to hold and he ended the game outside the building. This was an interesting situation that I wasn't sure how it worked. When assaulting a building, both sides get to pick 10 models to fight right? I was under the impression that only those 10 models from either side can be hit in combat and Dom thought that he could direct his attacks at anything in the building. Building combat doesn't tend to come up terribly often but it would be nice to know what the rules actually are for this.

Anyway, with that the game ended and we tallied up the points: Dom got 1705 points from me while I took 1770. It was a draw but I won on points. It was a great game and really back and forth which kept us both on our toes right to the end of turn 6.

*Of course this game doesn't mean anything unless I manage to beat Darren tomorrow night, I'm sure Dom will be rooting for Darren!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 am

looking in to it Nathan i think the only way i would have been able to attack your arch mage is if i killed the archers first so that the mage had to step up, since all the guys strike at the same time i wouldnt have been able to

Now that stupid unit tried to charge every turn and only managed to close one of six is rediculous !
Graet game though .... and go darren ! Razz

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:32 am

Darren and I had our game last night and it was not a good day to be a lizard. He lost a stegadon first turn to pit of shades and that sorta set the tone for things to come. By the end of turn 5 there was not a lizard man in sight. My archmage put on a magical clinic, while his Slann was largely ineffective all game. Some key dice failures pretty much sealed Darren's fate as he failed more cold-blooded leadership tests than I thought possible while my dice were hot. Thank-you for the game Darren, as always you were a great sport even when your dice seemed determined to sabatage you.

Andre, it's down to you and me!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:26 am

Andre and I are playing our playoff game tonight at 8:00-ish at my place if anyone wants to come and watch, my kids will be sleeping so it can't be too loud but everyone is welcome.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 am

Grrr. If I didn't already have plans tonight I definitely would be there!!!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 am

Andre and I had our playoff game last night, he brought two hordes, one of big-uns and the other consisted of 80 night goblins with bows. He also had an arachnarok, a horde of spider riders with a goblin on a gigantic spider, 2 manglers, 2 doom divers and a orc chariot. The night goblins deployed 20 wide to facilitate a volley fire of 60 arrows Shocked. it was truly terrifying to march towards with a 5+ armour save.

The table looked like this:

from left to right his side was:

Spider riders
horde of big-uns with BSB and Shaman
Double-horde of night goblins with Black orc Character on the side
Behind the goblins were 2 doom divers
to the right of the goblins were a block of 20 arrer boyz
2 mangler squigs behind, that corner was really cramped and while my diagram makes it look like there was space for them to get out, there really wasn't
arachnarok
chariot

My side from left to right I had:

5 dragon princes
41 spearmen with BSB
21 Swordmasters
5 dragon princes
9 silverhelms behind the dragon princes with a prince (general)
19 archers with an archmage (lore of shadow)
Oh, I also had an eagle between the swordmasters and dragon princes and a bolt thrower that was behind the dragon princes on the left. Sorry, I forgot to draw those in.

I got first turn, flew my eagle up to pop the fanatics out, all 3 ended up short of my eagle so I was happy about that. I moved my other models up semi-aggressively, not really wanting to get into range of his shooting but also not wanting to linger too long and get doom-divered to death. My magic was hot all game, I think I got at least a spell off each turn, often 2 and consistantly had 10+ power dice. I'm going to miss the powerful magic phase next league. This turn I got off a -1T on his arrer boyz and burnt Andre's dispel scroll on a melkoth's mystifying miasma. In the shooting phase I took out one of his fanatics and that's it.

His turn he moved up his arachnarok right beside the building and defending the wall, threatening a charge on the flank of my dragon princes who had advanced into that courtyard area between the forest and building, my silver helms were right behind them and the swordmasters were in the forest so lots of stuff going on there. His big-uns moved up right to the edge of the forest while the mangler squigs milled around in the backfield. His spiders moved up to fill the gap between the hill and tower (actually I think they did that with their vanguard, they just sat there and shot this turn). His magic was dispelled. In the shooting phase he downed all but one of the dragon princes on the right with a doom diver and shot my eagle to death.

My turn I charged with the remaining dragon prince into his horde of goblins, just trying to keep them from shooting or doing anything useful. My other dragon princes failed a charge vs his spider riders and my spears advanced to the edge of the forest creating a standoff between his biguns and my spears, neither wanting to enter the forest and lose steadfast. My silverhelms and general also charged his arachnarok, they failed one dangerous terrain test but it was just a rank and file guy so I wasn't too concerned. In magic I got rid of a lot of his dispel dice with melkoth's mystifying miasma and then cast mindrazor on the silverhelms, giving them a fighting chance against the big spider. In combat my dragon prince killed 2 goblins and lost combat by 1 but held. My silverhelms and prince put 7 wounds on the arachnarok and didn't take any in return. The spider held.

His turn he did not charge me with anything. His manglers continued moving around the backfield and his chariot repositioned itself to charge my silverhelms if they decided to move past the arachnarok once they killed it. One of his fanatics moved right in front of my swordmasters blocking any chance of them charging the night goblins The other fanatic went backwards through his goblins. Magic saw a foot of Gork go off on top of my spearmen killing a ton of them. In shooting he beat up on my swordmasters, killing some more with his doom divers and arrer boyz. In combat he managed to take down my dragon prince, my silverhelms finished off the arachnarok and reformed to face the arrer boyz.

My turn 3 I charged his spiders with my dragon princes, and his arrer boyz with my silverhelms. both made it into combat. Magic I reduced the arrer boyz strength by 1. Shooting saw me pick off the fanatic by my swordmasters and kill a big-un. In combat my dragon princes killed 5 spiders and the goblin hero on gigantic spider which caused the spider riders to break, flee and get run down! That was a nice surprise for me and not something Andre was expecting. The silverhelms did some good damage to the arrer boyz but not enough to break them.

His turn 3 he had no charges but he elected to fire one of his mangler squigs through the arrer boy/silverhelm combat. It killed all the silverhelms and a ton of arrer boyz leaving my prince alone against 5 orcs, (I liked those odds). In his magic phase he ended the standoff, moving his big-uns just past my spears, with a potential charge vs my bolt thrower. My spears could still make a front charge on them but after the foot of Gork it wouldn't have been a good matchup. He also got foot of Gork off again but it only killed 2 swordmasters. His shooting really laid into my swordmasters once again, killing all but 6 and he also dropped a doom diver on my dragon princes, wiping them out. In combat my prince killed 4/5 arrer boyz, causing them to flee. He restrained and turned to face the horde of gobbos.

My turn 4 I charged his horde of night goblins on the flank with my prince and in the front with my spears. My swordmasters couldn't charge because of a mangler squig in the way so they just reformed and moved to threaten a charge on the big-uns. In the magic phase I reduced the toughness of the mangler by 2. In shooting I killed the mangler and a couple big-uns. Combat I killed a ton of gobbos but they held due to steadfastness.

His turn 4 He charged my bolt thrower with his biguns and moved his remaining mangler through my general but failed to get a wound past his 1+ re-rollable armour save and 4+ ward save. His remaining fanatic tore through both of his Doom Divers but only managed a single wound on one. Magic was shut down and shooting killed some archers. In combat he killified my bolt thrower and turned to face my swordmasters. In the night goblin combat he failed his fear test and then netted himself which meant wholesale goblin slaughter. This time he failed his steadfast roll and I ran him down and overran into his doom diver.

My turn 5 I charged my prince into his other doom diver and moved away from his big-uns with my swordmasters. I also edged my archers/archmage toward the building in case he turned his attentions toward them, they could slip into the building turn 6 and stay intact. Magic reduced his mangler squig's T by 3 which meant it was easy pickings for the archers. My prince finished off his Doom diver and then overran into the other doom diver (and away from the fanatic). The spears and prince handily wiped out the last doom diver. At this point Andre called it. His Big-un unit wasn't going to be able to get back in time to do anything against my spears or prince and his chariot was facing a really long charge over some difficult terrain to be able to make it as well.

It was a fun game and that block of 80 gobbos was really frightening to march towards. With that Andre retains his title of King of 2nd place, and I take the league!

Last edited by nathanr on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top