Anyone up for some 2 on 2 action?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone up for some 2 on 2 action?

Post  Kendric on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Me and Bob gonda were looking for a team battle this friday, the 12th. I play High elves and Bob plays empire. It will be a 2000pt 2v2 team battle which will be around 7p.m. so if anyone is interested please let me know.

Kendric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone up for some 2 on 2 action?

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm in if I can get a partner for it.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendric on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 pm

If you cant find anyone then i could still play you one on one.

Kendric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:09 pm

I could bring my 3500 point Daemon army and take on the both of you if no one else comes?

You guys could each use 2000 points, I figure the advantage of being only one person is probably worth about 500 points in a game like that.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I would love to go but I need to use my away time from the home to play paintball on Sunday, so I is on baby detail while the wife goes out and spends some money.

Eric, have you got any more models painted yet?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 pm

No. I've done half my BSB, but I'm back on the Keeper again. I want to get her painted up before the mega-battle. So looks like she will (hopefully) be my September painting challenge piece.

I am really loving the Golden Paints. My BSB is looking suitably flame-y now with a bunch of muted fire coloured paint covered by the holographic red, which blended them together, and a layer of phosphorescent glow-in-the-dark green. Looks really great in pitch black!

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2 on 1

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:45 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:I could bring my 3500 point Daemon army and take on the both of you if no one else comes?

You guys could each use 2000 points, I figure the advantage of being only one person is probably worth about 500 points in a game like that.

I think we can do it. 7PM at the Den. Elves and Men vs the demons of Chaos.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Screamindaemon on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

From my other posting...
yup. I'm down for some double-demon-demolishing-delight...

I have a medly of demons to bring. What do you have, just so I can plan.

Screamindaemon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Confident in my abilities and our teamwork, I have posted my list (which can be found here: http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/army-lists-f11/giving-up-my-tech-t120.htm#861).

I look forward to crushing the Gonda's with you.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Screamindaemon on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Interesting list. I've always wanted to see another deamon army, other than the all poo-god one that is ever so popular.
a quick summary of my list, and I'm at work, so forgive me my errors.
14bloodletters with herald, firestormblade
27 horrors, banner of +1 spell casting, herald
11 plaguebearers with herald on a palaquin
5 seekers, with herald
3 screamers
5 flamers
3 nurglings

I think that's it...

Screamindaemon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:03 am

Well it's all over, and in the end team Daemons took the day. Although I stuck my Keepers neck out in front of a cannon, a bolt thrower and 5 handgunners in the second turn, she only collected 2 wounds, and managed to simply run rampant over the course of the game.

It looked harrowing for the Daemons on the first 2.5 turns, with much shooting and many casualties. The Daemon magic was a total flop over the first few turns, with, I believe 4 miscasts. Meanwhile many Elven Wizards with Burning Gaze (D6 S6 hits against Daemons) combined with 2 cannons, 3 Bolt Throwers, handgunners, bowmen, Helblaster, crossbowmen took their toll on the Daemon ranks, with many a Horror, Bloodletter, Daemonette, Seeker of Slaanesh and even Plaguebearer dying.

A key difficulty the forces of good suffered throughout the game was having their weak, pathetic characters killed in their units against the mighty Daemon rank and file. In turn 2, a unit of Phoenix Guard with Wizard charged a unit of 3 Nurglings. 2 wounds on the Nurglings allowed 6 attacks against the Wizard. Later in the game, the Elven Prince and his entourage of Swordmasters annihilated all but a single Bloodletter in the front rank, the remaining Bloodletter promptly scored a Killing Blow against the poncy poof.

Another key to the Daemon victory was a truly pathetic fight between the huge unit of Horrors and the Phoenix Guard, which resulted in something like 5 draws due to no casualties being inflicted (which resulted in Daemons losing and passing instability tests). The fight dragged on for so long that a unit of Bloodletters had time to do a lap around the rather large piece of terrain the Elves were beside and finally flank and annihilate them.

I would have to give my players choice award to my Keeper of Secrets, who (with varying support from the Masque and my BSB Herald) managed to kill or otherwise dispose of: a fully ranked unit of Greatswords with BSB, both of its detachments, a cannon and a bolt thrower, a unit of crossbowmen (which fled in front of the Spearelves, blocking a crucial charge), and the Empire Grandmaster General. She truly was blessed by Slaanesh, as I played her completely balls to the wall. In the course of the game she was in front of: a cannon, several bolt throwers, the helblaster, numerous handgunners and crossbowmen, and (with one wound left) charged the Grand Masters unit of Knights. When his Grandmaster survived the first round of combat, having taken only a single wound and then passed 3 successive leadership tests to actually attack and then managed to stick a wound on the Keeper, there was a hush across the table as I rolled my ward save, and passed! There was another hush as I rolled my -3 instability test (damn you static combat resolution!) but again passed. In the following round (turn 6) the cursed Grandmaster failed just enough ward saves to perish, but again silence descended on the table as the Keeper had lost combat again (-2 this time). Slaanesh smiled as the Keeper easily passed. Spent and sated, she finished the game with a single wound, and the forces of good certainly had enough chances to pop her in the last 2 turns! (especially if you count all the handgunner and bolt thrower shots at the top of the turn before she got into combat!)

All in all a great game with many swings and roundabouts. Cam and Rob were fully painted, while Kendric and myself were not.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:10 pm

what was the victory level guys.....so I can update the ladder?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:53 pm

It was a massacre for Team Daemon! With only half a unit of knights left on the battlefield for the puny Elves and humans!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top