Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Post your battle results here.

Example:
Joe Shmo played John Doe
Result: Crushing victory for John
John was fully painted and Joe was not
It was their first game this league
It was a ladder challenge and John takes Joe's spot

See this thread: League Rules for more details including point breakdowns.

Remember, if you haven't paid your league fees your game will not count.

I'll have the ladder put up by wednesday.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WoC vs VC

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Me and Joe played a game last firday night, with my warriors squaring off against Joe's Vamps.

The game started with Joe's terrorgheist screaming to death a whole unit of Korne Knights, but was then swiftly dispatched the turn after by my demon princes magic.

Other noteworthy combats were a challenge between a champion vargheist and a demon prince that saw the vargheist off the prince in one phase!

Other stuff happened but at the end Joe came away with a crushing victory, running the table on me.

Neither was fully painted, first game.

8-2 Joe.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spring/Summer League Reporting Thread

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Dom and I faced off last night in an opening round that saw Dwarf Lord Alrik Rey Enano Return to the field to settle a grudge with some grob-kin that had recently stole a wagon train of fine ale that the High Lord was going to use to celebrate his esteemed warriors valiant efforts in destroying all opposing armies over the long winter. With minimal terrain interposing between the two races battle was soon reached with enough flanking fire to darken the skies. It was fairly evenly matched as grob-kin employed some manglers, boar boys and a chariot as the vanguard with plenty of bows and two units of orcs for support. Alrik and his hammerers stood with an iron wall and Fezzroot's Longbeards ranging ahead. It was still undecided until turn four when the dwarfs hacked and shot their way forcing the grob-kin to turn tail. It ended with Dom relinquishing the field top of six in a near tabling. Crushing victory for the Dwarfs and our fine ale was recovered and will quench many a dwarf's thirst. 8-2 for Andre

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 am

Nathan A and I played a game on Friday night, he beat me but it was a close one. His Daemon Prince ended the game fleeing with a single wound that would have turned the game into a draw. It was a ladder match so the Nathans trade spots. I was fully painted and he was not. 7-5 for him.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Dom and I faced off twice more during my days off with the dwarfs massacring the grobi both games 7-2 and 6-2

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Carson and I had 3 games on Friday. A crushing victory for Carson, a draw and a crushing victory for me. His army was fully painted and mine was primed very well.

So, is this right?

First game: 8-2, Carson
Second game: 3-3 (-1 for already playing each other)
Third game: Don, 6-2 ( -2 for playing Carson twice)
+3 for Carson being beautifully painted

Total:

Carson - 16
Don - 11

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:24 am

Due to the high winds Dom and I both had the day off yesterday and had a battleline match with four tokens that when passed over could either help or hinder you based on a chart we made up and randomly selected on 2 d6. Dom got 2 tokens one that sent a chariot through a secret tunnel and one that gave a unit of goblins frenzy, I collected the other two and my main unit of ironbreakers with bsb and general found a secret tunnel as well and one unit of warriors (have hatred against o and G) so gained reroll misses to hit and to wound in first round of combat. Dom once again suffered the wrath of an unruly mob rolling at least ten animosities. If that weren't bad enough my two units of dwarf warriors proved their valor rolling armor and parry saves. My thunderers also had their finest guns and dwarf shooting took care of all outriders and big nasties that Dom fielded. In the end I massacred Dom but with this being our fourth game is 5 - 2 for me.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 am

Can someone tally up the scores on these, I'm going on holidays today and won't be back until the middle of July. Just add the people that aren't on the ladder yet to the bottom and add up the points, I'll confirm everything when I get back.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Based solelyoff this page:
Dom has 8 pts
Andre has 26 pts
Joe has 8 pts
Nathan A has 9 pts
Carson has 16 pts
Don has 11 pts
Nathan R has 5 pts

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:00 pm

John (sandman) and I had a battle for the pass game last night. The table saw war machines on either side behind fences with one building and some forests creating a pinch point towards the middle where a river ran. My dwarfs were able to sit back and watch the rats try and ford the river in the face of twin organ guns a unit of quarrelers and a unit of thunderers with a cannon to take care of the distant warp lighning cannons. John got suicidal turn two skitterleaping his characters behind my lines to be shot individually. In the end the rats were either dead or fled. neither was fully painted and a crushing victory for Almits Greybeard. 8 - 2

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Carson and I had a game today. We drew battle for the pass. Initially the dwarfs appeared hung over as war machines failed to produce and warriors succumbed to fear tests. By turn three the battle regained some balance with a major fight on one flank between a horde of 45 dwarf warriors and two units of knights (one demigriffon) some posturing in the middle and some longbeards breaking the far flank of empire shooting. There was no really big magic moves in the game and after all the dust settled Carson won by 212 pts. I wasn't fully painted and it was a ladder match so 8-4 to Carson and he gets my spot.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 am

Forgot to post up the second game result from my games with Andre and Dom. Both were great games and really close in points, managed to pull out another minor victory against Dom's Orcs.....6-4

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 pm

as we set up, ok as Dom set up we rolled to see what battle it would be and number four appeared. Blood and Glory, Ogres with 2 banners and O&G with 5 so looked not so good for the Ogres. From his left to right there was a Giant, a unit of Goblin archers, Orc Arrer boys, trolls, big 'uns, black Orcs, Boar Boyz, two war machines, chariot, a herd, and a Managler. My left to right, a Ironblaster, lead belchers, Ogres, Iron Guts, Gnoblars, Gnoblars, and Maneaters. I had alot of shooting and magic so i kept my boys close as i opened fire. The Giant took wounds, the herd was thined, and i mangled the Mangler (i know bad pun) after he moved foward. The massive block of troops in the center of the board made me uneasy but we just plugging away, but not the best idea to get rid of supporting troops with no banners in Blood and Glory.
As they closed in we backed up, i saw bad things being set up. My Gnoblars were stars taking charge after charge, and even a game moment as a gnoblar finished of a Boar Boy unit before meating his end. With the Arrer Boys making an unforseen charge into my Maneaters as the failed animosity, the tables were set adrift as there were cut down by the maneaters. Then i thought the gig was up, i started to pack up the soup bowls, the Black Orcs made a massive charge and hit my core unit. BSB, General, and a unit banner all in one blow. after combat res. we scored the victory and over ran into the dark shadow on the board.
In the next turn, i charged in a Ironblaster in the front and my little unit of Ogres on the flank to support the Ironguts and boy did they need to help and the Maneaters ran down the Goblins in a large charge result. With half of his banner points on the board i needed my fight to go well, but in one massive swoop he fell 4 Ironguts leaving only three in the unit and put a boo boo on my Ironblaster, ok two. we started to swing back watching Big 'un after Big 'un fall, but only winning res. by one and the dice were rolled and an eleven was there with the BSB going after Maneaters far away.

It was awsome, alot of green gore flying around but dice were no friend for Dom on both sides, leadbelchers even had a turn with over thirty shots. and my magic was a big factor even in the last fight. good battle, had some rust on but was a good tilt. thank you again Dom

both sides without a compleate paint
Victory for Ogres
ladder challange
so i would think total is...
Darren - 7
Dom - 3

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Darren (Ogres) vs Ethan (Lizard)
neither army was fully painted
1st game of the league
Crushing victory for the Ogres
Darren - 8
Ethan - 2

In a battle that lasted way to long the Ogres took advantage of flanks left right and center as the Maneaters got in and Ethan just let happen. Not moving units with fear of being charged i smashed three unit in there sides and soon there was a priest, a salamander, and a bad taste for both sides and 50 plus lizards were sliced up and served to the boys.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:22 pm

I posted this in the wrong thread.

Dom and I faced off on Friday night with the glittering host of Ulthuan meeting a seething hordes of greenskins in glorious battle. In the end the orcs stood on the field with their pants firmly intact. Highlights (or low-lights depending on which side of the table you were on) included the high elf general forgetting that he brought the banner of sorcery until turn 3 or 4, 10 silver helms fleeing a charge from night goblins and then failing to rally and making a premature exit from the battle, and a unit of 20 high elf archers shooting down a giant, a unit of wolf riders and then taking on and killing both an orc lord and bsb in close combat. In the end it was a victory for Dom. I was fully painted and he was not. It was a ladder challenge but Dom keeps his spot.

7-5 for Dom.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Looks like Andre and myself missed in reporting our grudge match last Thursday. Quite a strange battle with warmachine failures, mexican standoffs and general lack of anything going right for either of us. Very low victory point total but I scored just enough for a minor win.

Second time we have played this league 5-3

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 am

Dom and I had a game last night. We rolled the watchtower and so my brave archers garrisoned the tower facing a mass of black orcs and biguns within charge range. Turn 1 the black orcs charged, killing 15 archers. By turn 2 the orcs held the tower and held it for the remainder of the game despite my best efforts. My swordmasters chewed through a unit of river trolls and a horde of biguns. The Dwellers Below pulled down a level 4 orc shaman, a bsb and a champion from the horde of biguns just before my swordmasters hit home which probably helped. My spearmen went 4 rounds with the black orcs and thanks to some magical boosting were making some real headway into taking back the tower, however time ran out. In the end only his general and the black orcs remained from Dom's army while my forces circled the tower but it was enough. Victory to Dom. I was fully painted and it was a ladder challenge but Dom keeps his spot. It was our second game.

7-3 for Dom.

Carson, I believe that the points from you and Andre's game should have been 6-2 (6-3 for a victory, -1 each for a repeat game, +1 to you for being fully painted). Unless I'm missing something.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I wasn't fully painted.....I've been using a unit of huntsmen which are not finished yet.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 am

I played a game with Zack on the weekend. We rolled battle for the pass. I played a game of avoidance with his big unit of Saurus, feeding them a unit of silverhelms to keep them busy while I dealt with his smaller, more manageable units. In the end I came out with a victory. I don't think Zack has signed up for the league so I get 2 points.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Had 2 games on Saturday. First against Andre and his Dwarfs. I pulled a win so 6-3 for me. Next against Dom and the O&G, which I lost so 6-3 for Dom.

Really enjoying the Tomb Kings.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top