Spring/Summer League 2012 Signup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spring/Summer League 2012 Signup

Post  nathanr on Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Ok, lets get this started. With this league I'm going to try to re-instate some sort of league night. Do Fridays work or should we try for a different night? I'm thinking every other week would be a good starting point and if there is enough interest we could move to every week or change it up and go Wednesday one week and Friday the next.

I had a good talk with Carson at the Den today and I think we'd like to try to grow the league and get some new faces involved if we can. I'm going to make some posters and try to come up with some incentives to entice new players to join the league. I'd like to ask everyone to make an effort to help any new players feel welcome. I know that when I first joined the league I ended up staying because the guys that had been around forever made me feel welcome and were patient with me through the first few games. On that note, I'm going to say that anyone signing up for the league for the first time will not have to pay their league fees. I'll pay it for them. If anyone else wants to chip in for this you are more than welcome. I'll cover the first $20 for sure.

I'd like to also run an introductory Friday night mini-tournament in the near future. Small armies around 1000 points, maybe some restrictions like no rare units or lord-level characters to enable new players to play without so many special rules or power-units. I'd even supply some armies for people who don't have an army but would like to try the game. I'd probably need 1 or 2 people to help by observing and offering help to new players. Would there be any interest in something like that? There would be no fee to enter.

Lastly, I'd like to say something about league fees. It is really disappointing to see that 3 people did not pay their fees for this past league. It's $5 people. In future leagues I will keep track of people who have signed up but not paid. Your games will not count until you have paid. If the $5 is an issue or you can't make it to the den for whatever reason please PM me and I'll do what I can to sort it out.

Anyway, that's the end of my rambling. I'm looking forward to this coming league and I hope to see all of you and some new faces as well!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spring/Summer League 2012 Signup

Post  nathanr on Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Signing up:

Nathan Rinholm - High Elves - 291-5732

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 06, 2012 7:44 am

Don Matwe - Tomb Kings, 306-631-6161

Also, what's happened to some of the faces we don't see anymore? Where's Nathan. A. for example? Where's the Troll guy (Stash?) Where's the guy that played Bretonnians? ( I know, I'm helping sooooo much!) Some of the guys that have been around in the past are really missing out and need a gentle reminder.

Here's a gentle reminder; Mr Radom, get off your @$$ and come play a few games. It's passing you by my friend...

Last edited by squalie on Sun May 06, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : contact info)

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 am

Carson.....Empire....287-8521

I'm in to help with whatever needs doing. Lets get a league night going and shoot for a get-together league start.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun May 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Andre Dwarfs 291-5431. Nathan I can help out with the instructioinal nights for sure and will even bring my armies for others to use. The league night is teriffic to both encourage new players who dont have an army and to get some games with guys that dont normally play often.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Mon May 07, 2012 12:53 am

Darren - Ogres - 370-0533 (cell), 329-4911

will try for any night possible, learned alot about my Ogres and will have another go with them as i have started painting and have a few units finished. And i am single so way easier to get free nights just need to find a sitter.

Newbie, be gentle.

Ethan - Lizards - 329-4911

been trying 500 point games with him, some things he is missing but getting there. beat me tonight so he is learning. So if a 14 year old works i can tow him around as fodder.

we are making a small group out here in Asquith, we have four of us with me leading the way. might have two more but will be up to them, all kids but the one got his dad to buy an army as well so who knows.

and as for open nights we have a few extra armies that i can bring with a Vampire and O&G in fair numbers.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon May 28, 2012 10:05 am

The league has officially started but I'll give everyone a bit to sign up before I post the ladder. Remember to pay at the Den as well, new people to the league will not have to pay league fees but everyone else please pay your $5. Until you have paid, your games will not count and your opponents will only get 2 points.

Our next league night will be Friday June 8th. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend or not but I would suggest that everyone that does show up bring a 2500 point list and a smaller list as well, say 1000 to 1500 so that there are some options for newer players as well. I will check who has signed up and have the ladder created before the 8th so you can get started on your ladder challenges.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon May 28, 2012 11:16 am

dominique, 3816917, orcs

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Wed May 30, 2012 11:50 am

Joe Misfeldt - Vampires 280-4739

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Nathan Abbs- Chaos warriors. 3702580

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re: newish player

Post  Sandman on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi,

I played at Toon Con last year, with my Skaven army, and tried to make it to the tourney in Mar (but my son was born that day).
Just realized I missed the games on May 25.
I'm interested in playing friday nights, but I'm not sure if I can be absolutely regular. How often are the games?? [sorry, just saw the line that games are every two weeks]
Is there a casual league status?

john

Sandman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Most people are pretty casual around here, you'd be welcome to join the league and You can play as many or as few games as you want. To make playoffs you need to play a minimum of 5 games but most people aren't in it for the league championship.

The set "league night" on Fridays is just to provide people with a more structured schedule so they can plan ahead. Alternately you can set up games on your own anytime, the plan and report area of the forum is a great way to set up a game.

Go ahead and sign up for the league at the den, your $5 league fee is on me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re: summer league

Post  Sandman on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:47 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Will signup next time I'm at the den. Look forward to meeting you at the table.

Update. Signed up for the league

John -Skaven -382-5579

Sandman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top