Horned One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horned One

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:24 am

I took a look at the lizardmen FAQ today after seeing a post in some lizardmen forums and it goes a bit like this
"Q. Does a Horned One count a magic item for rules purposes, or is
it only a special type of cavalry mount ? (p101)
A. It is only a cavalry mount."

The lizardman consensus is to ask their local gaming group how to handle the wording. Some people say the vague wording allows the Horned one to be taken as a mount and not count against magical items cost limit, which I think is really cool. I also think this isn't what is meant by the FAQ rather the horned one cannot be destroyed by spells and weapons that can destroy a magic item, and the rider can take another magic item and it won't conflict with the only one of each type of magic equipment rule, and multiple characters could take it.

A horned one is pretty much a cold one without stupidity and an extra attack. I would like to take characters on horned ones, but I would never use more than half a hero's magic item limit on a mount (it doesn't even have a cool leader of the pack rule when with other cold ones to make them not stupid). So I'm looking for some input, I think taking horned ones as mounts would add some flavor to my cold one units, but even I have to admit this is probably not the way the FAQ meant that it is only a cavalry mount.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horned One

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:07 pm

i would say it counts against your magic limit, also its not stupid and if the character joins the cold ones, doesnt he lead them and since he's not stupid neither are they? :s

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 am

I think it would count against your magic item point limit. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing multiple horned ones in an army but I'm not sure that is what the FAQ intended.

Also, i dont think a character on a horned one will make a unit un-stupid. I think it is the majority of the unit that dictates that.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 pm

It will not, common problem that happens to dark elves as well.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am

ahh yeah i see the stupidity of it under stupidity "if a unit contains atleast one model that is stupid, the unit must test for stupidity"

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top