Hello from Moose Jaw!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Moose Jaw!

Post  squalie on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:27 pm

My name is Don, 38yrs, play Beastmen and Mortals. Me and a few friends would really like to find some new blood. Tired of beating up on just my friends! (kidding)

Anyways lets get this website rolling and give Warseer a run for it's money!!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Moose Jaw!

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey good to have you aboard, were justing getting this site off the ground.

Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Moose Jaw eh...

Yes this site is just sort of starting off. We try to get together as often as possible.

I myself play Daemons (Nurgle!!! 3000pnts+) Orcs and Goblins (4000pntsish) and I have to rebuild my Dwarf empire.

My first love is dwarfs, and I currently don't even have an army painted up. I geuss I know what my next project is!

When is a good time for you guys to get together? Summer is busy for me, and my only for sure day off is on Sunday's and Stat holidays. Let us know when you can throw down!!! Given enough notice we can do something special, and I really like the idea of a club challenge!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:14 am

Moose Jaw eh...

Is that bad we're from Moose Jaw? I swear to you we have all of our teeth, shower everyday and NEVER pick anything in public that we shouldn't. Just regular guys, with regular jobs that don't mind a whiskey or beer while we're trying to conquer a 4X8 table.

We are not afraid to play larger games as it's just cool to see all of the figs on the table. It's not unknown for us to have 5-10,000 points a side. 2250 seems to be our regular games and I actually don't think we have ever played a 1250 game, so that could be a nice change for those of us with ADD. Very Happy

Considering the drive, Saturdays/Sundays and stat holidays would be perfect. There would easily be 3 of us (Beasts, Dwarfs, Dark Elves). It would be great to grab a cup of coffee, drive up and spend ALL DAY/NIGHT playing. It's frustrating to go to a tournament (Regina) and try to squeeze 3, 2,000 point games, that only go to turn 4, in only 4 hours, and then you're driving home at 5, when you still have some game left in ya'.

That's also the bad thing about Moose Jaw -- there really isn't a club. Just a few buddies that like to play. It would be great to find a few more local people on this site. I have no problem driving 2 hours to meet some new lads, and throw some dice.

One thing you'll hopefully learn about us; We could care less if we win. Arguements are very rare, but gloating and nose-rubbing is common. Twisted Evil

Anyways, thanks for the effort!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm

Dude, 2-3 buddies who play is a club. You don't need any official organization, but you will need a title! How else can you have club death matches!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:00 pm

We'll its always good to meet new players. I hope that you guys can make it out June 20 for the 1250pt tournament which also kicks off the new league.

Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top