league reporting thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: league reporting thread

Post  Kuyp on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Andre and i had a game the other night, came down to his anvil taking out some key things turn six.. like my wizard lord Sad ... ended in a victory for Andre.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Dom and I played another match Empire vs Dwarfs. I pulled out my anvil of doom with thorek just to see if it was still worthy...it is! Turn six i had all Dom's warmachines and managed to inflict final wounds on his level 4 wizard in a unit of heavy barded pistoliers killing the unit as well in a six hundred point swing. It also helped me move out of a building and then charge Dom's flank with some slayers. His unit broke in the first round and ran through two other units but didnt cause a panic. The slayers then went on to sacrifice themselves against some magic influenced rounds of combat until my ironbreakers could help out. Dwarfs are learning that they have no business in a mysterious river either, I rolled the lore of light spell and got the only one that can hurt me. Also a haunted mansion managed to scare quite a few Dwarfs to death. All in all I still beat him by over 600pts but not enough for a massacre.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Darren's Ogres faced off against the Stalwart Dwarfs in a ladder match tonight (my wildcard challenge). The ogre tribe was no match for Thoreks anvil of doom and some mighty fine dwarf shooting. It was a battle for the pass with Darren taking the end near the sorcerous portal which really ended up being moot throughout the game. Some timely shooting countered with anvil charges had Darren fleeing and completly destroyed by turn 5. Massacre for me plus ladder match 9-3 and I take his spot.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 am

And with that the dwarfs are on top! This has been an awesome league so far guys. To date, there have been 43 league games played and 56 non-league games to total 99 games played by the league participants. With a month left to go in the league I'm excited to see how things play out!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Especially with the carnage at Carsonpalusa, lots of opportunity for some ladder changes.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 pm

My record for the tournament was 2-2.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Can everyone post their games, opponents and results from Carson's.

I played:

Carson - non-league win
Carson - league crushing victory, painted
Dom - league win, painted
Non-league loss vs the dwarf gun line of doom!
Non-league victory vs Zack

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:58 am

I had two non-league massacres one against dwarfs and one against the combined sissy pants elves nathan and don fielded (are your ears still ringing from cannon shot? lol). I also kinda played a game against Carson's son Hayden in which the rules were his own making and resulted in his orcs killing every single empire model. He is 4 years old and mimics us guys but truly a fun game if just to see his imagination at work. Carson you better watch out in a few years he will be able to give you a run for your money. Great time thanks for hosting Carson.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 am

yeah he likes to copy anything his dad is doing,

I got crushed every game I played but had an awesome weekend, thanks to everyone for braving the snow storm......my proud record was

loss to don -non league
m loss to nathan
m loss to nathan -non league
m loss to Frank -non league

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:53 am

lost to nathan
and got massacred by don

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:13 am

The Elves were hot that weekend for me. I had 4 games, 3 wins against Carson, Zach and Dom - which was a toooooottaaaallllllllll massacre. Very Happy Played a 4 player with Mine and Nathans High Elves against Andre's and Tyler's Dwarfs. 13 Warmachines, including Anvil? There was a lot of Elf grease on the table, but by turn 6 the few remaining Elves had actually made a dent into those short tin cans.

Had a great weekend and anyone that didn't make - you should feel like you missed out, cuz you did.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 am

Joe and I faced off Friday night in our campaign battle which saw Joe's vamps lead by a terrorgheist riding vamp against my shamed but heroic Daemon Slayer Mhael. The game saw advancement and shooting (altough Joes terrorgheist did cower behind a building) turning point was after a few rounds of combat on the right flank between my unit of ironbreakers with Thane Firk Umang bsb, My general being the only guy left after a destructive force of a mangler squig charged the terrorgheists flank and offered up a challenge. Joe had a terrible whiff doing only one wound which pissed Slayer Mhael off. He then climbed up the beast to kill the vamp lord staved off the mounts attacks but got thunder stomped on his wa down. Joe did some crumbling and the next phase his other vamp wizard rolled a calmitous detonation killing most of his ponies killing his wizard and causing more crumbling. Joe conceded the massacre and it was our first time playing this league neither was fully painted 8-2 for dwarfs

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

Darren and I played a game last night, despite my extra 50 points Darren scored a crushing victory. He also used his wildcard challenge and so took my top ladder spot. I was fully painted and it was the 4th time we've played this league. 6-2 for Darren.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:36 pm

two more before the end, me and Don on friday and saturday. Friday the ogres were sent packing in an ugly affair. it was a Crushing victory 8-2 for the Elves as it was the first time we played.the second battle there was alot more blood to be shed as the Ogres were looking foward to elven flesh in our second affair. With the army i used on Sunday it was an affain that i enjoyed, and in the end Ogres were able to claim a minor victory but not a win. in a draw that finished in league as we finished in the last few minutes of the day. 4-4 and the second time we have played so 3-3. Don was painted for both so he added that bonus for both.

Was a great weekend and i have to thank Don for everthing, painting lesson, a place to crash, and game tips. Enjoyed the Jaw and seeing my old friends. did not exspect the results at the tourny but was good to finaly take that step in the right direction.

Andre, i live out of town so the weekend would be better but you tell me when works.

Cheers

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:34 am

It was my first, and i enjoyed the battle and learned a few more things. In another battle against the Halfling my ogres still had a hard time removing Dwarfs from the field but again the cannons fired and we watched our brothers fall. The Maneaters were sent packing, a cannon blew up, thee ogres were cleaved off the board and i thought there was a chance, but my Slaughtermaster fell and the Dwarfs took the win. The three hundred points difference was all i lost by, a tie in league, a win for me, but a loss non the less and the league is done for me. I want more boys, next season. Peice by peice i am getting better at this and enjoyed the league but 20 matches is not enough. Some events i missed and that was a fault i will try to change, but this is good times no matter how i react as i of yet have sent a table to rumble.

Cheers boys, it can be madining but i enjoy it all.
Darren - Ogres

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

And with that Andre is in the final.

Don, when are you able to come up to settle this? I can make almost anything work in the next few weeks although next weekend will be a bit interesting as I have my son's 2nd birthday and a work function. I can probably sqeeze in a couple games of warhammer though. Andre and Dom will need to be available too but that shouldn't be a problem.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm

So how many leagues in a row has Andre beenin the final now.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Eight times in a row without a single victory so if you guys just want to throw this one to me... we can just sit around and drink beer! lol Don I could host this Friday night if you can make it up and we can play until the dust settles. I will even put you and your wife up if interested.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

How about same offer the following Friday? That could work for me. High Elves and Dwarves - like it was destined.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm

May 4th weekend works better for me!

High Elves and Dwarves - like it was destined.

You have to get through Dom's Empire and my Dwarfs to get there first!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:53 pm

The wife has plans for me that Friday night but Saturday is open. I heard a rumor that the empire has already fled the field in fear of the elves but don't worry Don you still get to face to armies of Dwarfs. Same offer of a bed if needed is open.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Is Dom not around? How come?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 am

He is around but he sold his army.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 am

What's up with that? Is he starting something new?

He could still play using proxies if he is interested.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 am

I will just withdraw for this round. I will be starting a new army once everything is sold away, it should be ready to go like.... fall league lol

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top