league reporting thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: league reporting thread

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 am

Ok, I'll count our games as league games then, you take my ladder spot.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Dom and I had a game on Thursday, things went well for the lizards and significantly less well for the empire artillery. The total casualty count for the empire guns was 6 saurus warriors and 15 flagellants. Highlights of the game for me was my cube of darkness sucking away all the remains in play blessings from the warrior priests, and my piranha bladed scar vet chopping down a priest from a single hit. The game ended up as a massacre for me, neither of us where fully painted.

My game against carson ended in a minor victory for carson. Again neither of us where painted. Since my turn in the campaign had me remove Iron rock from nathans control I think I will post a fluffy battle report in the campaign thread.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:27 pm

I played Barclay today (Skaven and he's not in the league). Blood and Glory scenario and the High Elves were victorious.

All I can say is the Hellpit is an interesting creature indeed. Frickin' thing can fight half an army itself.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Dom and I had a series of games today. First was a battle for the pass. Dom had units everywhere and my Dwarfs were restricted by hurtful terrain pieces. Fortunately though my rangers, a slayercoptor and some miners were not impeded. My runesmiths were strong and shut down Dom's magic all over the board. His firepower however put on a show until they started blowing up. In the end the Dwarfs claimed the pass by a mere 5 points.

Next up we played 3 games of heroic last stand. Again Dom got the benefit of the terrain as my dwarfs couldn't cross two rivers without drowning. In the end Dom lasted until turn 8. Next we played two games with me at the short end (haha). First I played a slayercoptor which caused enough wounds to make his greatswords flee, 11 dragon slayers and a Daemon slayer who danced around his two steam tanks until being run over by his griffin chariot. They lasted until turn 5. Next was Alrik on his oath stone and 44 hammerers. This game was over quick being hit from all sides the unit of hammerers was decimated and after no-one would face up to Alrik in his challenge he was ground to paste by Dom's two steam tanks.

6 non-league game points each and 4-2 for me in the first game.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 am

Good to see alot games being played. Felt good to pick up the dice again myself.

Really tough game against Zach as I was sure he had me beat my turn bottom of six. I had some good targets to try and regain points and opted for the "more points worth" unit. Wasn't the best charge as I ended up loosing the combat.....but not breaking. Turns out Lizard units are worth alot more than orc ones scratch

7-5 (ladder, minor victory)

Awesome fun game Zach, thanks,

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Zach and I had a league game last night drew meeting engagment. I played mostly the same list I played to capture Brents archmage and the Dwarfs did a decent job shutting down magic. Shooting however saw my organ gun come in as reserve and misfire all but one turn doing 8 shots (I guess the dwarfs should have finished building it properly before throwing it in battle). Zach had some skinks shoot up my cannon and then charged it with a terradon unit that killed the last guy (but not before he invoked the suicide rune killing all the terradons. turn one I killed a salamander outright). I also had a grudge thrower on an anvil of vaul dropping strength 5 flaming magical rocks that killed enough models to be the most effective war machine.

The dwarfs decided to take the game at the own pace rolling a three 5 times in various charge and overrun reactions (welcome back 7th edition slow dwarfs). Zach did manage to kill my rangers a unit of warriors and Vraff Starshard Runelord to the gods. In the end he beat me by less than double for a 6-4 tally neither was painted and it was not a ladder battle. Good game Zach.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:51 am

daren and i had a game, i had a victory non ladder and we were not fully painted
dom 6
darren 4

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Joe and I played.

It was a ladder battle, the second time we have played, and neither was painted.

Massacre for me, so 8-2, and I take his ladder spot.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:32 pm

I faced Dom's Empire gunline and even horded up with an ironcurtain and a 5+ ward I could barely get accross the board. Massacre for Dom 7-2

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I will tally all these on Monday.

Zach and I had a game, I got a crushing victory. It was not a ladder battle and I was fully painted but he was not (getting close though). It was the second time we've played. 8-2.

Andre, the points on you and Dom's game will have a few more negative modifiers since its the 4th or 5th time you've played each other. (it's a cumulative -1 for each game you play, league games only to a minimum of 2 points)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:07 pm

K thats what I thought too but Dom said it was only a minus one hence the 7

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Had two campaign games against Brent one was a special scenario with a list made up of all beasts as his captured arch mage's dragon tried to free him. The beasts were all slain by mid turn four. Also played our regular campaign battle which the dwarfs also won by 519 pts. Nathan I will let you figure out how to score these. The special was a wierd game so maybe only 2 pts each?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:44 pm

6 non-league games played this weekend
won 4, lost 2.

I think I am getting the Chaos Dwarfs dialed in. Time to buy soon?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 am

Yesterday I played 2 games against my brother, he beat me both times. I also played a game against Andre and beat him. I used my wildcard challenge so I take his spot on top of the ladder.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm

I had a ladder match against Dom tonight. We played a pitched battle and Dom's shooting was no contender to Dwarf machinery. Massacre for me, we have played lots but depending on when you apply modifiers 2-2 plus one for a ladder match and I take his spot.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 am

Darren and I played a game last night. I was quite concerned when a unit of scouting maneaters showed up behind my lines while a gigantic irongut unit filled with characters advanced to my front. His Ironblaster cannons picked off my artillery one by one while he remained out of range of my own shooting. The maneater charge decimated my longbeards, that combat saw half the unit disappear yet they remained steadfast and held long enough for the ironbreakers to flank the scouting ogres. The charge of the ironbreakers proved too much for the maneaters, they broke and were run down. My hammerers marched forward to face the gigantic block of ironguts and ogre characters. He screened his big unit with a tiny unit of gnoblars which my hammerers charged. Embarrassingly, I was not able to destroy the unit of greenskins and thanks to a stubbornness spell he held. My ironbreakers charged a small unit of ogres, killed them and overran to threaten the irongut's flank. Unfortunately he could not countercharge with his ironguts against my hammerers because he could not manouver past the surviving gnoblars who died in the combat phase of his turn opening up the charge in my turn. Even with the combined charge of my hammerers and ironbreakers to the flank, his enormous unit of ironguts killed 17 hammerers. The combat was won by me but just barely and he held firm. In his turn he failed a charge on my ironbreakers with his ironblaster cannon. In combat he finished off my hammerer unit but failed to kill enough to win combat. This time I won by a fair bit and he broke, fled and was run down. In my turn I charged one of his ironblaster cannons and killed it, at which point Darren conceded the game.

It was a well fought game and I was amazed at how quickly my hammerer unit disappeared, those scouting maneaters were nasty as well. I should have expected them after what they did to me the last time we played but I guess I was distracted by the giant irongut unit. I was fully painted, Darren was not. It was a ladder battle and a crushing victory for me. It was the second time we've played. 8-2 for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:05 am

Andre and i played a game tonight, ended in a massacre for me. 2-2

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 am

Darren and I had a game on the weekend but due to some clerical errors we changed it to a non-league game 2-2

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Eric and I had a non-league game this past Sunday using Universal Battle. It was non-league as Eric threwdown with his chaos dwarfs. End result was a loss for the VC as his artillery blew up my faster stuff and I wasn't able to make up the distance in time to gain many points off of him. It was a fun game and my first against the dark stunties.

2-2

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Ok, I've done some tinkering with the league standings. I've added a table to my spreadsheet that shows who has played who and how many times so that I can keep better track of the repeat games. Andre and Dom have played each other 6 times in league games so next time you play each other you get -6. Your last two games were also ladder games which gave you +1 to your points. That means your last two games the points were around 4-2 instead of 2-2. I updated your point totals to reflect that. Other multiple opponents are as follows:

Me vs. Darren - 3 games
Me vs. Zach - 2 games
Me vs. Dom - 3 games
Me vs. Andre - 2 games
Darren vs. Dom - 3 games
Joe vs. Brent - 2 games
Joe vs. Eric - 2 games
Andre vs. Brent - 3 games

Keep that in mind for planning your upcoming games!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 pm

zack and i played a game today, it was a really fun game with a few cool moments like my halberd detachment rolling insane courage...... twice in row Very Happy his salamanders chewed my knights apart with shooting. we didn't count it but i believe it was a massacre for me as i only lost around 650 pts in all. good game

dom 7
zack 2

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Definately a massacre for you. I need more salamanders...

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am

I would like to add the win/loss records for all the league guys who participated in the tournament. Geoff can you PM me the win/loss records? If not, could everyone who participated in the tournament send me your win/loss records from the event and I'll update the league points. For now I'll just add the 2 points for each game without updating the win/loss numbers.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am

3 wins and a loss for me.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Did a Lizzie player just say he needs more Salamanders?!? Very Happy