Post  Carson on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 pm

post your game results here!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: league reporting thread

Post  Kuyp on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Andre and i had a game the other day. the tomb kings showed the dwarfs who is the better undead ( for those who know the story behind Andres dwarfs). never have i ever seen skeletal bowmen do so well!! my turn one i killed 2 organ guns with bow-fire, turn 2 a cannon a gyro copter and wounded another. killed a few random troops and some lone slayer characters. then a unit 3 units of bowmen charged a unit of long beards with (no buffs mind) managed to make them flee and were cut down. i had a chariot train smash apart a unit of warriors and a duel colossus charge on a unit of great weapon long beards that tore the unit to shreds before dying. the game looked really grim for Andre but his other two mangler squigs i mean gyro copters managed to kill a unit of bowmen and then my hirophant which in turn crumbled a few things outright. the game ended in a victory for me with only about 200pts difference.

It was one of those games you thought you were losing for sure but then in the end it was not as bad as it seemed. after the game Andre made a comment that for the amount of times his dwarfs have played against tomb kings he should gain hatred or something. to witch i replied sure for the amount of times my tomb kings have put the dwarfs to shame i should gain the I WIN special rule. farao

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Just to clarify some game points. We played 3000 pts allowing me to take 3 gyrocopters emulating the movie apocalypse now where the troops were heavily supported by choppers. Knowing that I needed to kill his heirophant early I sent them in a maneouvre to swoop in. The heirophant was in one of six units of 25 bowmen. Turn 2 they made their move and all but decimated the unit with his heirophant (who made all three look outs) but then flew into another unit of bowmen. Yes Dom did manage to kill both organ guns which were intended to mop up after the gyrocoptors so things started bad for Alriks cursed Dwarf clan (ACDC). My big unit of hammerers with Alrik managed to do nothing most of the game besides look imposing and my unit of thunderers nearly took down a bone giant. Turn 5 was heavily in favor of tk until my 2 remaining gyros took the heirophants unit and caused a wound. Doms magic miscast put another wound and my last gyro took him off the table which resulted in 2 crumbles where Dom staved off the potential damage really well except for his casket which died. It was a fun game with pretty fluffy designed armies and the proof that the dice are the true rulers of the game.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 am

Andre and i played a game and for once i thought id do up a more elaborate battle report with pics so here she goes....

3000 pts of dwarfs vrs empire. we decided to play the invasion game in the back of the book Andre was the attacker and i the defender. this game has seven victory points up for grabs one for each table quarter and one for each of the three defensible potions.

this is Andres turn one after deployments and vanguards and so forth. the three spots to capture at the two buildings in the back and the rocky obstacle. Andres troops are. 2 bolt throwers hidden in the woods an organ gun behind, gyro copter, long beards with great weapons, long beards with hand weapon shields, thunderers, warriors. hammerers with lord alric and casten and rune smith star shard(?), slayer mahel and a another slayer two more gyro copters (the squigs), organ gun and bolt thrower

my troops flagellants, knights of the inner circle, general on griffon spear men with bsb and lv 2 fire wizard and a halberd detachment directly behind in the building, swordsmen with lv 2 fire wizard and detachment beside, cannon mortar, hellstorm rocket battery, halberds with warrior priest in the other building, 2 units of pistoliers on the flanks, and finally a cannon waaaaay back on the hill.

Andres turn one not much happens. he turns his thunders to face the pisoliers moves the rest of his guys up a bit. he manages to kill a handful of flagellants and the other organ gun misses and cant fire.

my turn one i charge some pistoliers in to his organ gun and fail a charge with me flagellants trying to get to the bolt thrower. magic gives me not much but the sword of ruin on my mortar. shooting looked like it would be good with all the area damage i have but ward save magee there saved like all but 4 wounds to his guys, on cannon hits one of his copters but failed to wound. combat the pistoliers kill the crew and overrun in to the thunderers.

turn two movements saw all three copters fly in to the center of the table and more moving up, not sure why but he turned his hammers to face the pistoliers. shooting he killed a bunch more flagellants and 19! swordsmen, a dozen spear men, 4 pistoliers and wounded my mortar twice. combat surprisingly the pistoliers killed 4 dwarfs and only took one wound in return but he held fast.

my turn again, the flagellants make there charge against a slayer, spear men ran down a copter, swordsmen charged a copter it fled then redirected in to the hand weapon shield long beards. my general charged the other copter but it got away.my shooting killed a few dwarfs and magic i got of the sword of ruin on my swordsmen. combat the pistoliers lost and fled the swordsmen lost and held and the slayer was turned in to paste and overran in to a bolt thrower.

turn three, great weapon long beards charged the halberd detachment, rally's his copters and reforms the rest of his troops. shooting put a wound on my griffon, combat the flagellants killed the bolt thrower crew and then reformed after to face the slayer mahel. the swordsmen got beat and ran but got away, now below 25% of there starting value. the detachment also got the shit kicked out of them, guess what they needed to roll to stay?....

ya that's right Very Happy

my turn, the lord charges a copter and catches it with ease,the knights get a better position as do the spear men, the swordsmen keep running.magic i got of a prayer and i think i cast a fireball, shooting killed a bunch of hammerers and i grape shot the hell of of his last copter (got lucky the rules gave it strength five AND Armour piecing or he would have lived rolling two sixes Shocked). combat i lost more flagellants and the detachment broke and fled but got away.

turn 4 the HW&S long beards turn to face...the mortar? and the hammerers make another swivel move. shooting he kills more spear men and some knights, combat the GW long beards kill the cannon the ran into last turn pursuing kill it and then run over the detachment (well what was left of it) and all but the prophet of doom died to the slayer.

my turn, the lord charges a bolt thrower the knights charge the long beards in the rear but he flees and gets away, swordsmen keep running. magic and shooting were nothing note worthy, combat the prophet dies(big surprise) and the general killed the bolt thrower and reformed.

turn five( no pic i guess) the hammerers make a long charge to the general on his bird and the long beards move/ rally. shooting he failed to wound a thing. combat was a lord battle with me going first and only doing one wound to the lord it looked like i was in trouble, but then he only did two wounds to the general and one to the griffon in return but wait there's more! the bird stepped on alrics heard killing him where he stood. i lost the combat and ran getting away.

my turn, the knights move into position and the general rallies, swordsmen keep trucking. shooting again was meh but i did cast the flame cage on his hammerers killing one( score for the good guys), and obliterated slayer mahel in a fiery blast.

turn six, GW long beards make a charge on the building, and the hammerers charge the lord... but whats this? oh ya the flame cage!... not dam tough dwarfs ward of almost all damage from the spells effects Shocked . shooting failed again. combat the detachment got its ass handed to it but being stubborn in a building stayed around. the lord dies in combat and so do all remaining hammerers the griffon stays around and passed his monster reaction test.

my go, knights charge the long beards and make it, the spear men charge the flank of the warriors and the flee, redirect into the organ gun. magic i cast with IF the flame cage on the warriors the miscast is a seven and three of my guys die magic over. combat the spear men win and turn to face the bolt thrower the bird kills the... nothing Shocked and flees of the table the bsb and rune smith chase like three inches. the knights kill 8 long beards and take one wound in return, he fails his break test and gets run down, the knights go far enough to hit the rune smith.

his turn seven he brings back his SH&S long beards as per the game rules, the warriors rally (counts as moving) and suffer a few wounds from the flame cage, his other long beards charged the building, combat the detachment got beat up again but stayed around, the rune smith got killed from the charge and the bsb died from running from combat so the knights reformed to face the rear of his warriors. Andre called the game there but that's because we didn't think anything of import was going to happen in my turn and we thought it was turn 8 ( ya the game takes 8 turns)

had we played i don't think much would have happened anyway. all in all it was a really fun game and had quite the turn around when my support units deiced to carry the weight of the army after my main infantry blocks all got wasted. before that the game was defiantly going in his favor. it was a victory for me 2-2.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Brent and I had a game.

Not sure if it was a ladder game or not. Don't know what position anyone is in.

Ended up being Blood and Glory.

It was a near thing, and Brent chopped my Tomb Guard unit down to 3 models, and took Setrra down to 1 wound.

If the unit had crumbled, and Settra had died, it would have been over in Brent's turn. Fortunately for me, they both survived, and I managed to wipe out the last remaining 3 archers, taking their standard and dropping Brent to 3 Breakpoints, winning the day.

Notable events include the unit of Necropolis Knights, having been reduced to half their number, surviving in combat for 2 and a half full turns, against a fully ranked unit of Phoenix Guard, Elf Prince and a BSB on Great Eagle to their front, along with a unit of 20some Swordmasters in their flank

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 am

Brent and I had a game the other night to try out the new VC book. We rolled dawn attack for the scenario but our deployments weren't too screwed up with pretty much everything in the middle. This scenario can wreak havoc on VC because the new VC are all about bubbles now: marching bubble, various magic bubbles for healing and buffing, ASF bubble of corpse cart, regen bubble of the new mortis engine. I got lucky and only had some zombie units stuck off on a flank.

Game Highlights:

I rolled poorly for winds of magic and never got to see what the new VC magic phase can do as I was busy dealing with remains in play spells and drain magic. The new MI crypt horrors performed marvelously beating down an Elf Prince and his spearelf unit. Brent's phoenix guard, the bane of my existence, actually whiffed hard on their ward rolls and were dragged down by the relentless shambling horde of undead. Brent conceded after the defeat of those two units.

Massacre win 8-2 for the VC, neither was fully painted.

Last edited by JoeMisfeldt on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Played a game with Dom tonight, we had a rediculous amount of terrain on the table but that just made it more interesting. Dom started out strong, decimating a unit of longbeards and closing with my guns quickly. I managed to turn it around though and with a strong shooting phase and some key charges and holds I clawed back the win and then some. I think it actually ended as a massacre for me (correct me if it wasn't Dom). I was fully painted. 9-2

Last edited by nathanr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 am

I am trying to remember who i faced in Moose Jaw, Dom and Andre for sure and one more. Dom played Empire and i lost that one, the Dwarfs shot me down and i lost that one as well, both were complete destruction of me and who ever the third was did the same to me as well.

Dom and i had a scrum on Friday and was a gooder, the Ogres were introduced as my replacement and we took on the Tomb Kings and it was one of the better matches i have had in awhile. I build a shooting army, and it worked out well enough. Once the armies met in hand to hand there was alot of dice rolled and alot of damage delt. This is where most of the action happened, even thou a swarm and chariots collaped my left flank. My Iron Blaster made it's debut and the str. 10 grapeshot did very well, and i tried out the Hellheart and it shut down a compleat magic rd. on the kings. and speaking of king, when there king was beaten and blew up, mad a mess of Ogre flesh. In the end, a minor victory for Ogres. So if i have done the math right, 12-21 for points, and a record of 1-3

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:20 am

I played you in moose jaw Darren. I think we need to have a list with all the results from the weekend for Carson. Remember, a crushing victory is 8-2, victory is 6-3, tie is 4-4. You get an extra +1 for being painted and non-league games are 2 points.

Nathan: 4 wins, 2 losses - 34 points (edit: apparently my game with Zach was a massacre for me, I remembered it being closer)
Andre: 1 win, 2 losses, 2 non-league draws - 16 points
Dom: 2 wins, 1 loss, 3 non-league draws - 22 points
Eric: 3 wins, 1 loss - 22 points
Darren: 3 losses - 6 points
Carson: 1 win, 2 losses - 13 points
Don: 5 wins, 2 losses - 30 points
Zach: 1 loss, 1 non-league draw - 4 points

Post or PM your results and I'll add them to the list.

Edit: I'm only counting the Moose Jaw games in this list, so if you have other games for this league that have not been reported on this thread you should post the results yourself!

Edit2: If you tell me you had a non-league game and don't tell me if you won or lost I'm calling it a draw.

Edit 3: That's everybody, Andre says he had another game but he can't remember who it was against. The games he could recall were against me, Dom and Don and then he had 2 non-league games. I blame his bad memory on the liquor cabinet he brought along with him!

Last edited by nathanr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 8 times in total

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 am

Don has the list of wins and losses from Moose Jaw.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 am

Don has the list of wins and losses from Moose Jaw.

And it has not yet been posted, so I figured I should beat him to the punch.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Ummm, I can't find that sheet. I can't remember what it was written on and it may have even been inadvertantly thrown out during clean up.

Yeesh.

Anyways my games were:
8-2
6-3
6-3
2-8
2-8

Total of 30 points.

*EDIT* Played Frank and his new Ogres yesterday. They beat the paint off the High Elves I shook hands in defeat on turn 4.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I had one non-league game, that I won: 2 points
One massacre against Carson: 8 points +1 fully painted
One massacre loss to Don: 2 points

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:09 pm

You also massacred me on friday night! Or was I the non-league game?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Ah right. I forgot that actually.

Dean was the non-league game.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks Nathan, Once I have everyones results from the weekend I'll edit the ladder.

Eric, you still recieve 2 points a game for non league play.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Right.

Thanks for reminding me.

So that should be:
I had one non-league game against Dean, that I won: 2 points
One massacre win against Carson: 8 points +1 fully painted
One massacre win against Nathan: 8 points +1 fully painted
One massacre loss to Don: 2 points

And I played Brent last week (reported earlier in the thread) and beat him getting 6 points.

So at this point in time I should have 28 points.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Dom and I had a league game last night (non ladder as I was testing out a new list for the campaign). We drew dawn attack and Dom managed to win by about 40pts. Without divulging my list details I will say it worked quite nicely and I got Dom back when my solo dwarf vet rolled double ones against his chariots after several combats to hold a flank charge on my slayers allowing them to chop through his serpents. Dom 6 Andre 3.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:27 pm

I won against Nathan 6-3; lost to Don 3-6; lost two to Dom 3-6 (-1); and have played three non league games for a total of 20 pts.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 am

I played Darren last night, it was a smash-up between my dwarfs and his ogres, even more than usual because early on it became apparent that the dwarf artillery was not on their A-game. My organ gun misfired and exploded first turn, my bolt thrower and stone thrower couldn't hit anything and my other organ gun rolled low numbers all game before misfiring right at the end. Because of that, my infantry had to pull their weight. Luckily for me they were up to the task. The dwarfs held up to the ogre charges and beat them back. In the end it was a crushing victory for me, I was fully painted, it was not a ladder challenge and it was the second time we've played.

8-2 for me

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

With Brent and I being allies for the campaign we figured we should have a game before that gets rolling. Rolled a good ol' fashion pitched with a bunch of monuments scattered about the middle giving random buffs/debuffs. I managed to load a heavy flank and rolled down the lines as the relentless hordes held the rest of his army in place. Highlight was the ghoul horde vs spearelf horde each with BSBs inside. Spearelves, aided by frenzy, prevailed after several rounds for a moral victory as the rest of Brent's army was mopped up. Ghouls probably stuck around longer than they should have due to him failing fear tests in 5/6 combats, but just long enough for my vamp BSB to take down the Elf BSB in mortal kombat before popping due to evaporating ghouls.

End results 7-2 win for the Vamps (-1 included)

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Joe and I had a game.

Joe beat me.

Was a ladder battle.

7 for Joe, 4 for me.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Dom and I played a game, we rolled blood or glory. It lasted 2 turns. I lost. Since Dom was using Empire and not Tomb Kings it was not a league game.

Since that game took no time at all we played another game, rolled the watchtower. The game lasted right until turn 6 when Dom wiped out the last of my longbeard rangers in the tower. Win for Dom as well. Again not a league game but fun none-the-less!

Thanks for the games Dom!

4 points each.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:31 am

Hey Dom, do you want to switch to Empire for this league? It might make more sense with you using empire for the campaign.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 am

sure, makes more sense that way really

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:47 am

Sponsored content