Campaign Thread

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Campaign Thread

Post  Mhael on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Well if my guys are maxed out then the points are a waste, where as any other army could take additional magic items. Either that or I trowq an illegal talisman on my slayer. The rules have to bend somewhere this campaign is our own making and not bound by the particular rules set outby gw. Ie dragon fang bolt thrower.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Mhael wrote:Well if my guys are maxed out then the points are a waste, where as any other army could take additional magic items. Either that or I trowq an illegal talisman on my slayer. The rules have to bend somewhere this campaign is our own making and not bound by the particular rules set outby gw. Ie dragon fang bolt thrower.

*cough* Or Strigoi finding magic armor *Cough* Smile

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 am

Joe and I had our game last night. Dwarfs took the table in a massacre. Joe's vamp lord rolled a six gaining +1 to his toughness and my slayer rolled a six which I had to reroll causing a minor wound, my slayer is a -1 to movement for the next game. Joe's army was then scattered in the breeze. My longbeards are now a regiment of renown gaining immune to psycology, they raise the banner of the Fearless Heart of the Slayer.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:30 am

A unit of direwolves is also fighting at 1/2 strength next battle.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 am

Bullhorn has taken his armour to the runesmiths to have additional runes enscribed. He gains immunity to poison and killing blow (rune of preservation - 15 points) and is able to re-roll any failed armour saves (rune of resistance - 25 points). That takes care of my 30 point and 40 point magic items. His armour now has the maximum number of runes allowed. He still has 2 slots available on his talisman, then he's completely maxed.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am

Bullhorn could see the lizardman fortification in the distance, the arcane architecture, suited for the steamy jungles of Lusteria looked very out of place amidst the rolling hills of the badlands. The stepped piramids glinted with gold in the sunlight, the treasure within would surely fund the expanding mine. The plundering would have to wait though, for an army of hulking ogres already sat outside the gates. They had spotted the dwarf throng, and their ranks were a mass of confusion as they arranged themselves into a sort of fighting order. The dwarf guns opened the engagement, making short work of the rhinox-mounted cannon.

The longbeard rangers emerged from the woods near the wreckage of the ogre cannon to threaten the flank of the ogre lines. A group of ogre bulls peeled off from the main line to deal with them. Charging through a hail of thown axes they hit home, but the veteran dwarf warriors held their ground and the ogres lost their nerve and fled, unfortunately the short legs of the dwarfs could not catch them but their pursuit carried them into the flank of the ogre tyrant's maneater bodyguard. Bullhorn's hammerers quickened their pace to try to support their charge but the distance was too great and Bullhorn watched in frustration as the maneaters chewed up the bearded scouts.

Meanwhile on the left flank, the dwarf cannons made short work of a giant which was threatening the gunline while the ironbreakers attempted and failed several charges against the ogre ironguts that they were facing. Finally the ironguts decided to charge, supported by a duo of ogre bulls in the flank. The ironbreakers made a valiant effort but in the end they were outmatched and their courage wavered. Their reluctance to flee was their downfall as the ogres were hungry for dwarf-flesh and ran them into the ground. The bloodthirsty ironguts now had a clear line into the heart of the dwarfen gunline with only a handful of thunderers to stop them. Things were looking grim for the dwarfs.

Bullhorn could not help them as his hammerers were falling like flies after the devastating charge of the tyrant and his maneaters. Bullhorn himself was having trouble dispatching the maneater champion, taking two wounds in the exchange he managed to inflict only two himself. The champion did eventually fall to a strike from one of his loyal shield bearers but the maneaters and tyrant finished off the last of his hammerers. Bullhorn stood alone on the field against the tyrant and his bodyguard. Bellowing a challenge, Bullhorn rained down blows on his opponent, inflicting 4 wounds and bringing the tyrant to the edge of death. The tyrant responded however, his mighty weapon cleaving through the well-forged gromril armour and finding dwarf-flesh. Bullhorn fell and with that the ogres turned their hungry eyes on the lizard city.

Darren massacred me, we didn't roll anything so please do that Eric, he killed my general so I'll have to have a roll on that table as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 am

We need to push this along guys! Over a month! I've been remiss!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Darren and Nathan need rolls from our last battle and we will be done our turn. please and thank you.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Tue May 15, 2012 3:18 pm

it's alive!

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:43 pm

Sponsored content