Re: Campaign Thread

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Sold and sold!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Ill take the tile just north of the marshes of madness.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Ok, the Marshes of Madness are all 7 hexes with the marsh terrain. So can you specify exactly which hex you want your capital to be in, and whether you are willing to have part of your starting empire extend over the marshes (and risk being lost in one fell swoop when the marsh trades hands later)?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I will take the hex below barak varr.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Actually, because we are running out of hexes, only the centre tile in the Marshes of Madness will count as the "Marshes of Madness" for the purposes of its special rules, and trading hands later.

The other marsh hexes are safe.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Ok, I had to fudge it a bit, due to running out of spaces.

But I've got the map done. Sorry to Zack, Andre and Darren, but I had to scoot things around a bit to fit everyone in.

So everyone's empires:
Brent: north-west corner - marked by an eagle;
Andre to his east- marked by an anvil;
Joe in the north east corner- marked by a skull;
Dom in the south west corner - marked by a crown;
Darren on the west coast - marked by gold piles;
Zack to the south - marked by gem piles;
Nathan in the south east corner - marked by Dwarf faces
Me in the middle - marked by glyphic circles.

I did a roll-off to see which Dwarf player owned Barak Varr, and it was Nathan, much to Andre's disappointment, I'm sure.

Everyone needs to now choose their one ally, and one sworn enemy, and write a justification for each of them.

Each player also gets to place one fortress and one mine in their empire, so please PM me their mine/fortress placement, and I'll update the map with the mines and fortresses.

I think enemy/ally status should be done publicly, so people don't choose one player as their ally, and have the other player choose them as their enemy. Try and arrange it with them, if possible.

I'll post my General/Lieutenants this evening. I just realized it wouldn't work well with 7 players.

EDIT:
I just re-read the Marshes of Madness Scenario, and it made me re-think the marsh placement. The winners of that scenario get to pick which marsh tiles they get - including Morgheim (which is now in the Marshes of Madness).

The Marshes are now the marsh hexes at the very bottom, including Morgheim and the most south-easterly hex.

Most recent map updated in this post.

Half hexes don't count for anything.

Also removed the Gatehouse. It doesn't get placed until later, and gets placed wherever the winner chooses.

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:51 pm

The Immortal Host of the Ten Thousand Charioteers Realm; the Land of the Radiant Sun; the Eternal Kingdom of the Five Lonesome Arrows.

The Chancellor; The General; His Majestic Primacy; His Omnipotent Potency; His Noble Grandeur; Emperor Ehrez. The first and last of his line. The Insurgent Victor over Amenhotep. The Deft Slaughterer of Saladin. The Invulnerable Vanquisher of Archimedes. Lord of the legendary Death Domain. The bearer of the Sands of Destruction. The equal of the Blessed Challenge.

The Viceroy; the Overseer; his Munificent Supremacy; ĆAEI. The occupier of the The Terrible Zone of Lies.

Eru, Hellish Fiend Of Rs-yi. The Low Messiah. Chopping Stalker From The Cutting World. The Foul Wraith Of Dhaqubotho. The Haunting God. The Tracking Stalker's Lock of Dreams. Raider Hammer of the Fifteen Trumpets. The Overlord's Sanctum of Foul Deeds.

What was once his shall be his again. Ehrez the Omnipotent stole the flames of the sun from the skies and bound it to his chariot. During his reign, his burning chariot rode from the coast of the Black Gulf to the foot of the World's Edge Mountains. Where he rode heads bowed. Raised from death to find his realm reduced to a blasted wasteland, and his godlike form reduced to an undead horror, Ehrez rides again to bow every head and bend every knee. Not content to merely conquer, he has commanded the blasted dust to grow green again. Ehrez seeks to capture the realm, and use Fozzrik's device to bring life back to his realm. Fixing his solar flame to the Fastness, and releasing the Sands of Destruction, Ehrez is certain he will be able to purify his realm.

Ehrez rides to war on his Golden Sun Chariot, no less radiant now than at the height of his power. In battle he wields a blade of soul-forged iron, charged with the the same stolen sunflame as his chariot. On his brow rests the thrice cursed Crown of Saladin, and everywhere his golden light falls, his word is command and his command is law. On his breast rests the hourglass containing the Sands of Destruction, gifted to him for completing the Blessed Challenge. Turning the Hourglass, Ehrez can undo time itself in order to avoid harmful blows, attacks and magicks.
(Ehrez will be represented by Settra the Imperishable)

An individual who shared Ehrez' vision of an unbroken empire and unending dynasty, ĆAEI the High Priest tempered Ehrez' vigour with wisdom. Still humble in his priestly trappings, ĆAEI carries only his walking stick and signet ring of office to battle.
(ĆAEI is a level 4 Liche High Priest with Earthing Rod and Opal Amulet using spells from the Lore of Nehekhara)

Spoken of in hushed whispers when spoken of at all, Eru was once a mighty king from a foreign land. Conquered by Ehrez, Eru became the King's Executioner. His conversion total, his fervour in Ehrez' cause is matchless. Eru often served as Ehrez' herald - whenever Ehrez' message was death. Eru bears a keen blade with trees and pyramids engraved on it. The guard is styled to resemble a butterfly, its wings inlaid with a white-colored material and a red-colored material. Its grip is wrapped with blue leather. This blade is a weapon of truly mythic proportions, with power so absolute that it cleaves soul and flesh. It is rumoured that when Ehrez lay for his rest, Eru stood vigil with the dread sword. When Djaf came for Ehrez, Eru smote Djaf a mighty blow. None but Eru and Ehrez know the result, but ever afterward, it was said that what is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die. Whatever the truth, Eru never took his rest beside Ehrez. He was never enbalmed, and no Liche Priest ever spoke word of blessing or curse over his mortal form. Yet Eru walks still. Eru ever bears his awesome weapon and also carries a stone tablet, said to be cut from the flesh of Djaf himself. When the words engraved on the tablet are read aloud, the tablet turns, for a short while, to flesh and what remains of Eru's flesh turns to stone. The tablet must remain nine times nine days in a temple of Pha'a before its power can be used again.
(Eru is a Tomb King with the Destroyer of Eternities, Potion of Toughness and shield)

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 am

Map updated with revised Dwarf positioning.

Andre, your capital is Barak Varr.

People can attack it underground for bonus relics. Good luck defending it all year!

Also updated with the fort/mine positions for myself and Nathan. Everyone else, get me your fort/mine positions!

Mines are the tan mounds that look like Mount Bloodhorn, but smaller. Forts are the little tower-looking things.

And I've made Nathan my ally, and Joe my enemy.

Get picking people!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 am

Clan Rindholen is proud to have links through blood to Clan Enano. Though the two clans have not previously stood together in battle, they now recognize the bond of kinship and stand together against the storms of war that are building.

The undead scourge that haunts the northern mountains of the badlands could pose a challenge to the planned mining operation and must be eradicated at all costs.

Andre is my ally and Joe is my enemy.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

My mine will be the hex above Barak Varr and my fortress the one below.

After being honored by Dwarf Lord Alrik Rey Enano, Master Engineer Mhael Stoneheart began the task of organizing and operating the clans mines. The work was exciting and prosperous but in his gold madness Mhael ordered his crews to dig ever deeper following an uncommonly rich vein of Mithril. The dwarfs delved to deep and brought disaster to the clan unearthing an ancient evil, the vampires. A desperate fight failed to keep the hold and Dwarf Lord Alrik Rey Enano was forced to retreat to Barak Varr. In his shame Mhael took up the oath of the slayers and vowed to regain his clan's hold or die in the attempt.

Now Alrik is rebuilding his army with the help of Clan Rindholm and his smithies and soon will begin the march to return to the mountains whence they were driven. It 'sucks' to be a vampire Joe is my sworn enemy.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

To summarize the Enemy/Ally setup so far:
Eric is allied with Nathan;
Nathan is allied with Andre;
Andre is allied with Nathan;
Brent is allied with Joe;

and

Eric is enemies with Joe
Nathan is enemies with Joe
Andre is enemies with Joe
Brent is enemies with Andre

So I need Dom's mine/fort position and the enemy/ally choices for Zach, Darren, Dom and Joe.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Haters be haten. Razz

Eric is my sworn enemy
Brent is my ally

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 pm

my mine will be the lowere mountian hex and the leftmost river/land hex is the fortress.

Latest Intelligence reports have come in confirming many strange forces mingling in the area, of all the army's around right now it seems like the worst news is that of General Yrlis Bluestorm. Nicoli Aldrech has heard tales of some of his exploits and of the his nickname ďthe recklessĒ. Way back Nicoli had a run in and made an alliance with another young prince, the prince in question betrayed nicoli and ever since he has been uneasy around all elfish types and swore never to lend aid to them again. Brent is my sworn enemy.

Not all news is bad, it seems that a great host of the old ones if moving in the area in what would seem like the same goal as General Yrlis Bluestorm. If the two go toe to toe it may be good to ally with this host. Nicoli has sent word to its generals in hopes of a mutually beneficial aggrement.... and if he gets a chance to kill a few elves all the better. Zack is my ally

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Map complete.

Just need Darren and Andre's ally/enemy lists.

I am cautiously optimistic it will make for a good game.

EDIT:
Found a way to make the map higher quality and higher resolution.

I have reduced the size of everyone's markers. I'll be using bigger versions of the symbols as the armies.

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am; edited 3 times in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:20 pm

Herald to Clan Rinholm:
His Majestic Primacy, His Omnipotent Potency, His Noble Grandeur, Emperor Ehrez offers his hand in friendship to the low folk of the Southern World's Edge Mountains.

In ages past, when Ehrez' dominion was as vast as his gaze, when the lowlands were flush with greenery, the grain and feedstock that sustained the holds you now occupy came from fields grown under Ehrez' sun; harvested by Ehrez' subjects; and blessed by Ehrez' benevolence. In return, Ehrez' armies bore Dwarf iron, and his cities were built upon Dwarf stone.

His magnificence seeks a return to the old ways, and offers to allow you full dominion beneath his realm. While Ehrez seeks to conquer all that the sun shines on, he shall leave you to rule where the sun don't shine.

Herald to Maydrek the Deformed
The Glorious King of the Immortal Host of the Ten Thousand Charioteers Realm; the Land of the Radiant Sun; the Eternal Kingdom of the Five Lonesome Arrows commands you to leave his realm or you will find nothing but death among the tombs. Your corrupted form is an unforgiveable insult to the noble Nehekharan bloodlines you claim "kinship" with. Where His Masterful Benevolence seeks to bring life again to this realm, you seek to corrupt and debase what little remains. Where His Immortal Perfection seeks to reclaim what is rightfully his, you seek to usurp and throw down all right and title commanded by the gods to one of their own. The presence of you and your host in the mountain passes, and the caves you slink from like a pathetic worm was tolerated for too long. You grow bold and arrogant to sally forth into the valleys, hills, dales and forests.

You will be rebuffed a thousand times, ten thousand times, a million times - until you are destroyed. What little capacity you have remaining for emotion should be reminding you of fear. That would be appropriate. The next herald to greet you will be the Low Messiah.

JoeMisfeldt wrote:Haters be haten. Razz
The Strigoi would know best!

EDIT:
Eric is allied with Nathan;
Nathan is allied with Andre;
Andre is allied with Nathan;
Brent is allied with Joe;
Joe is allied with Brent
Dom is allied with Zach
Darren is allied with Eric

and

Eric is enemies with Joe
Nathan is enemies with Joe
Andre is enemies with Joe
Brent is enemies with Andre
Joe is enemies with Eric
Dom is enemies with Brent
Darren is enemies with Nathan

Just need Zach.

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:23 am; edited 3 times in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 am

The Supreme Lord of the Dragon Isles has spoken and declared that it was not the plans of the Old Ones for dwarfs to live in the Badlands. He demands that an example be set for all of the younger races with the blood of Clan Rindholen!

I declare nathanr as my enemy.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 am

Zach, you need an ally too.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Are we expected to have a copy of the campaign book? I am willing to purchase one and leave it at the den for all to use. I heard their is alot of fluff and not worth the money so do we want just a printed copy of the pertinent info for those of us who havent played a campaign?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Eric posted a link to the campaign rules that you can download and/or print if you feel so inclined.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:21 pm

I will be posting a few other sections, as they become relevant.

If someone thinks it would be useful to have a copy at the Den, then by all means. But I'll try and include all the useful bits here.

I'll post them in the second post of this thread.

When you click the link, a stupid ad thing comes up. Just wait 10 seconds and click the skip ad button in the top of the page to move on to the download link.

EDIT:

Zach chose Dom as his ally, and with that' we're set to go into turn 1.
1. MOVE THE FORTRESS:

Fozzrik's Flying Fastness is represented by the castle in the whirlpool.

It has scattered into Nathan's empire:

2. RANDOM EVENTS
Random Events for Spring
Brent: 25 - Grab the Gold! Pick an enemy's Mine and plant your flag in it;
Andre: 65 - Bolstered Defences. Any fortification saves you make this turn are at an additional +1
Joe: 54 - Infiltrators at Court. Pick an opponent. You may pick who they challenge this turn. OR 45 - Prepared Ambush. In the next game you may pick which scenario you play and whether to deploy first or second. (Wizard's Tower)
Dom: 55 - Secret Tunnels. You may pick any opponent to challenge this turn, regardless of location. (reversed for Wizard's Tower is still 55)
Darren: 66 - Reinforcements from home. For the rest of the season, you gan an extra army.
Zach: 53 - Diplomacy. Pick an opponent. They may not challenge you this turn. OR 35 - Unfurl the Flag! One of your units immediately gains a free magical standard, as per result 4 on the Spoils of War table -banner up to D6x10 points becomes Regiment of Reknown. (Wizard's Tower)
Eric: 51 - Siege Force. If you win a battle this turn, you automatically capture your opponent's tile.
Nathan: 22 - Settlers. Pick an unclaimed tile and plant your flag in it.

Brent, Joe, Zach and Nathan have some decisions to make based on the results above. After getting their decisions, we'll move onto army placement. I think we can get some battles fought this weekend if we're at all lucky.

EDIT: Joe informed me that some people are having trouble seeing the whole map now. That's a limitation of the forum.

Try downloading it and viewing it in whatever image viewing software you have available. The whole map is there, it just isn't displaying here.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm

I shall be infiltrating the court (take 54) of the Imperial Empire decision makers this turn to utilize their secret tunnels, but on WHO?

Nobody is safe from the influence of the mighty Strigoi and my imperial pawns!

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:24 pm

The Imperials should have known better than to go into the tunnels.

Random events reposted on new page so people don't miss them:
2. RANDOM EVENTS
Random Events for Spring
Brent: 25 - Grab the Gold! Pick an enemy's Mine and plant your flag in it;
Andre: 65 - Bolstered Defences. Any fortification saves you make this turn are at an additional +1
Joe: 54 - Infiltrators at Court. Pick an opponent. You may pick who they challenge this turn.
Dom: 55 - Secret Tunnels. You may pick any opponent to challenge this turn, regardless of location. (reversed for Wizard's Tower is still 55)
Darren: 66 - Reinforcements from home. For the rest of the season, you gan an extra army.
Zach: 53 - Diplomacy. Pick an opponent. They may not challenge you this turn. OR 35 - Unfurl the Flag! One of your units immediately gains a free magical standard, as per result 4 on the Spoils of War table -banner up to D6x10 points becomes Regiment of Reknown. (Wizard's Tower)
Eric: 51 - Siege Force. If you win a battle this turn, you automatically capture your opponent's tile.
Nathan: 22 - Settlers. Pick an unclaimed tile and plant your flag in it.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:54 pm

I'll take that pile of rocks to my north.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:55 pm

The den is booked up with a settlers of cataan tournament on Saturday

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Players will have a few weeks to get all the games in.

We'll just move ahead biologically.

As people finish things, we go onto the next.

I'll keep pushing and prodding to herd you cats, and hopefully we get this thing done.

@Nathan,

That pile of rocks is the 'Iron Rock'.

As long as you control it, you can include Orcs and Goblins units in your armies as allies.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top