Campaign Thread

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Campaign Thread

Post  b.kevinsen on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Woulda figured the stunties would have built a better mine than that, and to think I was gonna make a point of keeping it from you. Well Andre what times work for you to get knocked outta that wizards tower?

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:56 pm

I am free anytime tomorrow Brent. I assume we will play a 2500 base point game plus whatever bonuses apply.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Darren I'm free to play anytime.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:53 pm

So a few questions arose as a result of mine and Andre's Game. In which he soundly beat me in the 4 turn game, and gets to keep his silly mage tower..... for now...
The first; as only Bilgarim Whitestar (the archmage) died, and not his Dragon how does that work, as no VP's were awarded for the model, do I still have to roll on the dead character chart (which I did and now Bilgarim Whitestar occupies a room with a terrible room in some stunty dwarf prison)?
Secondly; what happens to the dragon, it never died (rolled unbreakable on the monster reaction chart), is it is still with the army (pissed off its master is no longer there) or was it captured, and what if the deaths were reversed, would I roll to see if my dragon, got captured, killed, or mammed (which I think would be kinda cool), and if the dragon stays with the army to beat things up would it be a riderless monster, or have to roll on the reaction table at the start of every game, or just take the original roll, when the character died, and if they are treated as a separate kill able/capturalble model would they get feats or what ever like hero's do?
Thirdly; what are the restrictions for Andre to "sell off" my character?
Fourthly; what happens to the points that were tied up in my mage, or his dragon for the next battle that army fights, can I fill them with a token hero, or am I short that amount till the start of the next season?

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Another one for you Eric,

If I was to say win an item to put on one of my characters and that character was lets say my now MIA archmage, he is right up against the Lord limit at 625, would I be able to put an item on him thus bumping him over the allow 25%, and would those points come out of the standard 2500pts or would they be extra like troops from the mines?

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Answers:
1. Character is dead, even if mount lives.
2. Dragon stays with army.
3. Andre has no restrictions. Whatver price he can find for the Elf, the better. Whoever controls the Stormhenge at the end of the season might pay handsomely for an Elf Archmage to sacrifice.
4. Just include the Dragon's cost in the army until you get the Archmage back (or have to replace him).
5. Additional items you get from mines or glorious victory don't count towards anything. They are totally, 100% free.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 pm

And Eru did stride to war against the horrors of the Northern Mountains, and did meet them on the field of battle.
The enemy magicks did wax strong, and the shambling horrors seemed limitless.
The ranks of bleached skeletons met innumberable fly-ridden corpses. Tall, war statues battled hunched, ghoulish monsters.

Even Eru found himself embattled on all sides, yet as the last blow seemed sure to destroy him, the army's hierophant wove a great spell that dissolved the host and bid them to return to their temple at the heart of Ehrez' empire.

So strong was the foul magic that the enemy Necromancers arrayed before Eru, that they spun a mighty curse, delaying the army's reconstitution, trapping Eru's force in between this realm and the beyond.

(Joe beat me. My army was scattered. Eru was slain, but suffered a psychological injury that gave him Hatred of Joe's forces. The valorous deeds of Joe's Grave Guard mean they are now a Regiment of Renown with armour piercing)

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:41 pm

I just read over the rules for the armies and saw that Darren can technically move his capital like an army within the limits of his own empire.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Yes he can.

You still need to choose your ally!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Maydrek shall take the Rod of Flaming Death with the relic found in my mine.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:10 pm

I thought I was allied with Dom.

As the only faction of living breathing humans in the badlands Lord Zhul has declared that the men of the empire are most closely following the plan laid out for them by the old ones.Through exchange of crude human words and the shiny metals so coveted by the younger races an agreement has been made.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Ah.

I seem to remember that.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey Dom, when are you available to play our game? Wednesday and Thursday don't work for me and if we played today or tomorrow it would have to be at my place after my kids go to bed, say 8:30 or so. I'm not sure if I'm available this weekend, I'll have to clear it with my wife but early saturday afternoon could possibly work as well.

Let me know what works for you.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:24 pm

The host of the Dragon Isles clashed with the ogre hordes at Stormhenge today. The objective the watch tower. The game began with the Ogre Tyrant taking the watchtower with his Iron Gut cronies in the first turn after I had no unit small enough to claim it to start with. Following that came a withering hail of fire from the Ogre gun line that resulted in minor losses for the Dragons Fangs. My turn one mostly involved some maneuvering and a few pot shots from some chameleon skinks, and a salamander burning some ogres in the tower but otherwise very minimal damage.

Turn two saw a unit of lead belchers run down some pesky skinks shooting their flanks and then the Kroxigor living up to their regiment name by tearing them apart. However their victory was short lived as the combined fire of yet more lead belchers and an Iron Blaster proved too much for their nerves to handle and they panicked briefly.

On turn three Lord Zhul decided to flex his magical might and boosted a saurus unit with both speed of light and Bironas time warp allowing them to wipe out the Iron Guts residing in the tower. While Saurus and Ogres clashed around them my BSB stepped forward to meet the challenge of the Ogre Tyrant whom he had cursed with a Bane head at the start of the game. The battle was short and left the iron guts so astounded that my saurus won without a single wound as my BSB caused 8 wounds to the Tyrant. His Piranha blade caused even the smallest wounds to the cursed Tyrant to become fatal. Though the Tyrant was carried from the battle field alive, the duel had caused him to lose his talisman of preservation.

The Ogres, angry at the loss of their leader unleashed the power of the Hell Heart on Lord Zhul who was overwhelmed by the foul winds of magic unleashed by the thing. Though he survived he now lies in a coma gathering his might for the even fiercer battles sure to come.

Even without the revered Slann, the lizardmen carried the day and established dominion over Stormhenge.

Overall it was a fun game with me coming out as the victor. My slann rolled a minor injury after rolling double ones and then a one and a two(soul of stone reroll) from the hell heart miscast and Darrens tyrant lost his wardsave item, which my forces failed to recover for themselves. The Ogres now hate the lizardmen as I rolled living in infamy for the spoils of war and darren needs to choose a unit that cannot fight in his next battle for his loss as he rolled walking wounded.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Hrmpf, this seems like it would have been fun. Sad

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Sorry Don.

Membership in the campaign was left open for like 3 weeks, and I only jumped in because no one else did, and I didn't want an odd number of players.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 pm

It's totally ok - I didn't think I'd be able to give it the attention it deserves, but I'll try the next if another ever happens.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 am

Absolutely.

Unless this one grinds to a halt and ends as a dire failure, I'd like to run another one after everyone has had a chance to recover.

It is still very early, but I think the momentum we have going is a good sign. We're making all kinds of progress, and players are writing all kinds of stories about the goings-on. It's still only Season 1, turn 1, but I kind of hope we can keep this up.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:23 pm

"Collapsed? Dwarf mines do not simply collapse!" Bullhorn roared. The messenger, a young dwarf with hardly a foot of beard shrunk back from his fuming king.

"T-t-the engineers guild is declaring sabatage my king" he stammered, "an human envoy was here a week before the collapse, they were admitted under flag of truce and given a tour of the mine." He quickly ducked a flying stein of Dark Ale hurled by the King and fled the chamber.

"This must be avenged! This collapse has set us back weeks!" Bullhorn picked up another stein from a servant and glowered across the table at his Leutenants. "Olaf, head down to the mines and see what you can discover, if you find cause to suspect that the Imperials had something to do with the collapse you have my authority to engage them."

Dom and I are playing our game tonight, he has used his secret tunnels to challenge Olaf Helmut's army (army 2). I do have a question though, do we pick a territory to be fighting over or is it the hex where my army 2 is since he has the secret tunnels? Or are we not fighting over territory at all?

Edit: Also, isn't Barak Var also a mine that can't collapse? If so Andre should get something for that.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

No, Barak Varr isn't a mine.

It's a city and a fortress, and provides extra fortification, but not a mine.

Mount Bloodhorn in the bottom southwest corner is the mine that can't collapse. It can't be captured until the end of the spring season (special scenario, winner gets Mount Bloodhorn).

Your game isn't for terrain, it's underground. Whoever loses can have their army disband or be forced back towards their capital, but it isn't fighting over any specific hex.

Due to the basis of the challenging system, some of the fights will be a little abstract like that.

Particularly when someone rolls for underground tunnels, and likely especially when someone else is choosing their battles for them...

If you guys want, I will rush home after work and scan the underground fighting rules so you can do a proper underground battle?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Sure, otherwise we can just play as if I caught him just coming out of the tunnel.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Going to Manitoba for a few days to help my family, will be back on Monday night for the next rd of combat. After the battle of the Watchtower, the Ogres returned to there lands and enjoyed a feast of the fallen. The Boom tribe enjoyed all the smoke and big noises, but the Slann's magic was too much even with 300 extra points. They tried to re-enter the tower but the lizards shut the door and sealed it shut, a loss for the tribe but not the end.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm

Dom and I played a game, we rolled blood or glory. It lasted 2 turns. I lost. My army fears the Empire, his big unit of inner-circle knights becomes a regiment of renown and gains devastating charge. Neither general died. I'll post a more detailed report tomorrow.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Nathan/Dom,

What were the results of the battle (if you rolled for them)?

Were any characters killed, and therefore any results on the injury table?

What was Nathan's Ignominious Defeats result? I guess Dom's unit has Devastating Charge. They'll need a name.

Was Nathan's army pushed back or scattered?

Anything you didn't roll for, I'll take care of.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 pm

I rolled a 1, meaning my army fears the empire.

Dom's knights gained devastating charge.

No characters were killed in the game.

We didn't roll to see whether my army gets scattered or pushed back because I'm not exactly sure where that fight occured, I guess wherever my army was at?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top