Trevor Y.'s Project Diary

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Trevor Y.'s Project Diary

Post  Trevor Y. on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Making progress.

Am currently assembly lining 42 Plague Monks. Already have 2 layers on robes, and almost done base coating all areas on these 42 models. Taking a break to play Pathfinder tonight, then back at it all day tomorrow and Saturday. Hoping to have all base coats done tomorrow, and maybe some additional highlighting done, and maybe finish all highlighting by Saturday evening, then come the washes... Likely will be done by Sunday night.

Doesn't look like I will get 80 done this weekend. It will take me 2 weekends.
Sad

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:24 pm

8 weeks! Doesnt Val only get three.. Ever? Hehe.

No wonder Dennis is off so much.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:05 am

Dennis gets one more week of vacation more than me...

He is spoiled!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Project Update:
Almost done 42 Plague Monks. Taking break for Pathfinder tonight. Going to finish tomorrow, then have a game!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Project Update:
1) 42 Plague Monks done and Dull cote applied.
2) Primed 2 Warp Lightning Cannons, and their bases.
3) Also primed the Hell Pit Abomination base.

Taking a break for now. I did the last 42 rats Brown, so I think I am going to do the next 38 Black, so when I mix them up they might look more interesting. It will also play into the fluff. Black rats are supposed to be stronger, and it makes sense there would be a fair mixture in the Plague monk unit. The next 38 Plague Monks already have the base Green Color done on their robes... I definitely will need to paint a WLC or HPA next. Assembly Line painting is effective, but soooo painful...

Already, with the exception of the Standard Bearer, Musician, and Champ, I can field a fully painted unit of 42 Plague Monks with Furnace and Plague Priest. Smile Halfway to finishing one full massive unit. There might actually be a light near the end of the rat tunnel... I just hope there isn't a big cat at the end of it...

*Dreams of fielding an unbreakable frenzied unit of 80 Plague Monks in Horde formation pushing a Furnace with MR2, activating the Plague Banner to allow them to reroll all misses to hit and wound, and then casting Blessed with Filth on them to give them all poisoned attacks...* study

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Dreams of fielding an unbreakable frenzied unit of 80 Plague Monks in Horde formation pushing a Furnace with MR2, activating the Plague Banner to allow them to reroll all misses to hit and wound, and then casting Blessed with Filth on them to give them all poisoned attacks...*

And then a bretonnian character heroic killing-blows the furnace and all the rat-men flee! Twisted Evil

Seriously though, that is some hard-core painting. Considering it took me several weeks to assembly-line paint a unit of 42 spear elves I take my hat off to you.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks for ruining my dream...

Seriously though, I have this Thursday and Friday off, and I hope to finish the remaining 38 by the Monday... That would mean in 2 weeks, I finished painting 25% of my horde. I dislike playing with grey models, and having at least one painted unit on the table will make me feel even more excited about putting the rats on the table!

Having played Wood Elves for so long, it is nice to change pace with another army. Especially one that plays totally different than them. One of these days, I will pick up an army that is not Toughness 3 tho... One of these days...

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Some pics. Bases not done yet, I will be assembly lining those for consistency, since I will be using water effects and various color blending. So they are black for now. Due to the volume of miniatures to paint, I am doing all these to tabletop quality. They won't be winning any awards.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Started painting my remaining Plague Monks, got a few colors on them. Should already be half done, if it wasn't for the snow.
>.<

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 am

Project Update:

Battling a nasty cold. However, I am almost done another 40 Plague Monks with including 2 sets of Command Units. Hopefully will be done, including Freehand on the Banners by Monday evening. Barring my cold stopping me. Once this is done, I will have close to 90 models fully painted, and I will be pounding out my two WLCs next which shouldn't take too long.

I bought another 20 Clan Rats this week, and plan to buy another 20 I think. I am considering buying 60 Stormvermin, because having only 400 models of Skaven just doesn't seem like enough to paint...

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Project Update:
Finished my Plague Monks last night including the freehand on the banners. Assembled 2 more Warlock Engineers, and varnished the Plague Monks.

Going to play a few games of Warhammer today, and then I start painting my WLCs.

Fully painted to date:
80 Plague Monks including 2 sets of full command.
Plague Furnace + removable Plague Priest
Screaming Bell + Grey Seer
Doomwheel

Left to Paint:
240 Slaves/Clanrats
12 Rat Ogres
18 Gutter Runners
Grey Seer/BSB/Assassin/Chieftan/ converted Warlord on Litter + other miscellaneous characters
Two WLC/Plagueclaw Catapults
Two Hellpit Abominations
Lots of Giant Rats and Packmasters
2 Poison Wind Mortars
2 Warpfire Throwers
Doom Flayer
Total of roughly 300 models left to paint/84 done = 21% complete.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Here is all 80 with the Furnace...

I am not done the bases, I started and decided because of the different colors I will be doing on them plus water effects I would do a few hundred bases in one go. But the minis themselves are done. The only difference between the last 40 I did and the first 40 is these all have black fur, instead of brown. Otherwise were done identically. I also did a bunch of freehand on the book and scroll, and the two banners. I added skaven symbols in red blood on the front of the book and scroll on top of the black print that is there. I tried to make them all look dirty, and I tried to make the banners look weathered, dirty and tattered. This is Clan Septik after all.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 pm

That looks great! Can't wait to play against them.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Prior to tournament I need to assemble 30 more models... sigh... Going to be a busy week!!!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Holy crap. Super productive evening. Cleaned, glued and based 20 Clan Rats, 4 Pack Handlers, 4 Poison Wind Globadiers. Corked bases and magnetized. Also made a movement tray for a large Rat Ogre unit.

whew...

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Wow... And i was proud of myself when i followed instructions and made 2/3 of my Dragon Ogres... Gj man! I much prefer killing painted/assembled rats lol!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:16 pm

There are instructions? Shocked

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Ha ha shad up, yes yes there are instructions. Rub it in more. And yes i had to use them lol. Stick bit 42 to bit 36. Etc lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top