Tournament List

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tournament List

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I've decided to dust off the dwarfs for this tournament, I had a look at what I have painted and what I think I can realistically paint before saturday and I made this list:

Dwarf Lord on shield
Runesmith
Thane with BSB

29 Longbeards with full command
10 Thunderers with musician and standard
10 Thunderers with musician and standard

28 Hammerers with full command
19 Ironbreakers with full command
2 Bolt Throwers with engineers
Grudge Thrower with engineer

Organ Gun

I haven't included any of the runes, those will be a surprise for my opponents Twisted Evil but since I haven't played any 8th edition games with the dwarfs I'm curious to see what the army is capable of and I'm also interested in hearing your opinions.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament List

Post  Mhael on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I would drop the musician in the thunderers for a vet with pistols. It will give you a much better shooting charge reaction. Also I have found that the Hammerers for what I assume you will be doing with Dwarf lord will make them a deathstar that everyone will avoid until last when they can surround it. The problem with your war machines is that they can also be easily flanked and/or flyer nullified and it seems like you may not have enough to protect them (gyrocoptor works well for this instead of dedicating a squad to protect). With a list like this I would expect the army to bunker down which makes them susceptible to magic attacks (there are bowmen that can outrange your thunderers). Any chance of swapping some or all of the ironbreakers for miners with a steamdrill? I have been itching to get back to Dwarfs myself and storms of magic sure isnt very Dwarf friendly. Master engineers work well also.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:33 am

I'm figuring that my thunderers and organ gun should be enough to see off all but the most determined fliers and fast cavalry while my grudgethrower and bolt throwers counter any long-range threats.

I wanted to have all 3 infantry units equal strength but I don't own enough ironbreakers. Even still, I'm going to try to keep them together so my opponents will be hard pressed to avoid any of them.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 am

So I was re-tooling my army list for the Octocon tournament and I realized that I paid 15 points per longbeard - that's the cost of a Longbeard Ranger with a great weapon and throwing axe! Oops, that's a total of 58 points wasted. Imagine what I could have done with an extra 58 points!

In fact, you won't have to imagine if you show up at Octocon... Twisted Evil

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm bringing a nice fluffy empire list. I wonder if we can call out opponents..........dibs

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top